Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus processing an extra template

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

cohort
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1080
Operating System: Windows 7

Cumulus processing an extra template

Post by cohort »

I am looking forward to adding much more to the standard templates but first of all I REALLY need to know EXACTLY how to add another page to what we all have as standard. Can somebody please put me out of my misery and give me a blow-by-blow account of what webtag command I should put into the template I wish to create so that Cumulus 1.9.4 will recognise it as yet another file that it needs to process. Is there more to it that that? Do I need to to edit the RealtimeTags txt? I have had a look at all sorts of topics on the forum to do with webtags and, so far, nothing that comes close to this one really simple definition. Please spell it out as an exact sample so that I can get my head around it and then I will be able to switch on a lightbulb and get going with several other projects.Thanks for any help
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Re: Cumulus processing an extra template

Post by Phil23 »

Simplest thing to do to start with is go to the C:\CumulusMX\Web directory & copy say the TodayT.htm file & call it something like today-yesterdayT.htm.

Then Setup the Extra webfile settings to process & upload it.
Capture.JPG
Then when I'm editing the local copy of the xxxxT.htm I turn on the option for realtime uploads, so that when I make a change to the template it is reflected on the website a few seconds after saving.

From there on it's just experimenting with your template & tags.

Cheers

Phil.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
cohort

Post by cohort »

Hi Phi
I am not running Cumulus MX yet but still with Cumulus 1.9.4, but possibly that only clouds my understanding of what you are saying. not necessarily the end result. However, I have an observations page created locally so I put a Process/Realtime/FTP instruction in Cumulus to look at observationsT.htm(which I had copied and created from observations.htm) then sat back to see if anything happened. So far, no reaction....
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

... copied and created from observations.htm
... but did you put any <#webtags> in it to be processed ?

... and as always - a link please :) so we can :geek:
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
cohort

Post by cohort »

http://the9libraries.org.uk/observations.htm

I have manually uploaded the file so that you can see it but it has obviously not been processed. I am thankful that you mentioned the webtags as that was the whole thrust of my request in the first instance. What exactly would I have to add to the observations template to trigger it being processed? I read loads of comments about this and that to do with webtags and I half get it but nowhere do I see any absolutely clear idea of what to do when you want to add an extra template to the standard set. I only need to "get " that guidance once and I will be no doubt liberated from my complete mystification. The long way round is for me to spend hours and hours absorbing the collective wisdom of the Wiki but there is nothing quite like a shortcut of an example to enable me to hit the jackpot :lol:

any help would be huge thanks Steve
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Attached is my Observation template file with all the webtags - with thanks and credit to Ace2. Put that in your C:\Cumulus\web folder then add it to the extra files to be processed and uploaded by Cumulus.

http://www.komokaweather.com/weather/obe.htm

Enjoy,
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
cohort

Post by cohort »

Hi Paul, well that piece of magic worked well !! Still not entirely sure, however........ Had a good study of the webtags in your unzipped file and came to the guess that <#location> had a lot to do with it but that is likely to be way wide of the mark. Anyway, I have now tidied up the template produced by Cumulus as you can see below

http://the9libraries.org.uk/observations.htm

Navigation bar now fixed and I have got the the centre panel to decrease in width and move to the centre. Thanks a million. Wistfully, I would still like a better understanding of how it got to that state as there are other templates I would like to add in due course
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Looks like you've done well.
<#location> The station location (as you entered during setup)
is one of many webtags in Cumulus https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/Webtags

I am not one to give you a lesson on coding as that is beyond me, but following examples and trial and error is my motto.

My first attempts to try to get an understanding was to create a couple of pages from my Cumulus data about 10 years ago borrowing some basic codes from the Cumulus standard T.htm files and that got me -
http://www.komokaweather.com/weather/KomokaWeather.html
http://www.komokaweather.com/weather/Ko ... mpare.html

Haven't progressed much since but at least a basic understanding now.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
cohort

Post by cohort »

Hi Paul,
Any progress I have made is partly down to you for several responses so a big thankyou. I will start studying webtags as from today