Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Graphs e NOAA reports

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Nevizio
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific wmr-200
Operating System: Windows 10 - Android

Graphs e NOAA reports

Post by Nevizio »

Hi everyone from Italy, (I hope you understand what I write to you I'm using the Google translator) I need your help, I just upgraded from Cumulus 1 to MX, everything works perfectly, but I didn't understand 2 things:
1) How do you insert the graphics on your website?
I noticed that they are in json file format, I would like to have these graphs that I see in the charts entry also on my website
2) the NOAA monthly and annual files with which procedure are sent online to then be able to link them to their own site, given that I have already made them from MX, and inserted the right directory in the extra web file interface both locally and remotely, but MX still doesn't upload them, how do you do it?

thanks to all those who will offer to help me in detail.
Nevizio

Re: Graphs e NOAA reports

Post by Nevizio »

Ok for the NOAA file I solved, but the graphs just can't, I set everything according to the guide, but I still see the page www.collineaprutinemeteodue.altervista.org/trends.htm with the part where the completely blank graphs should appear, look how I look set with the screen below,Also I would like to insert the graphics on the same page of the weather station data and not on a separate page is it possible to do it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nevizio

Post by Nevizio »

I see that there are no users willing to help me, in the forum I found the steps that lead to the correct configuration so that the graphs are displayed, but even following the steps I cannot solve the problem. I am sorry for using Cumulus for a long time and I would like continue to use it. :cry:
ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

Post by ExperiMentor »

Could you post a link to the instructions you followed? That might give us a clue to what has gone wrong
Nevizio

Post by Nevizio »

I followed the topic here on the forum but now I can't find it, can you explain me step by step how to do it? I set it all right but the graphics are still not displayed, in the internet settings premetted that I ticked the box that makes the upload useful files for graphics (.js files)
Nevizio

Post by Nevizio »

maybe there are, you need to insert the web files folder in which there are the subfolders images js lib, well but in the interface how to set the upload to the right the directory and to the left? I have inserted on the right only the written webfiles but on the site still does not work because probably (indeed safe) the folder with the files is loaded as you load the webfiles folder on the site? how should i write right in the remote directory?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Nevizio,
Looks like you are making it more difficult than it needs to be.

First, you should normally not need to have Cumulus process and FTP the C:CumulusMX\webfiles folder or any of the files in this folder, and certainly not at realtime.
You should also not need to add the NOAA reports as extra files as that would be done through the NOAA settings page and upload done by CumulusMX at midnight rollover www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/reports/NOAAMO1119.txt
The C:\CumulusMX\web\realtimegaugesT.txt would normally also not need to be added in the extra web files as I think it is one of the standard files that gets FTP by CumulusMX.
For the extra files to be FTP the remote filname should include the path and file names. In my setup I have public_html/cumulusmx/dayfile.txt and that gets uploaded to www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/dayfile.txt (only tick FTP and EndofDay)
All the standard files, including graphs, are uploaded by CumulusMX at the set interval through the Internet Settings www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx http://www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/trends.htm

I presume you have manual (Filezilla) FTP one time only all the contents of C:\Cumulusmx\webfiles to your webpage root.

Can you give the URL for your site as that may help us help you.?

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Nevizio

Post by Nevizio »

http://collineaprutinemeteodue.altervista.org

http://collineaprutinemeteodue.altervis ... trends.htm

Thank you for answering

Here is the link to my web page, I also added the link to the graphics page that just doesn't show them

I'm really curious to see where I'm wrong :|
Nevizio

Post by Nevizio »

In cumulus mx the standard files are those below in the screen but I don't see the images folder in there are subfolders: images, js and lib.
I believe this is the reason why I don't visualize the graphs, I wouldn't want the version (the last one) I downloaded to include these files in the web files folder and not in the web folder as it should ....
In the web files, what do you have? Cumulus Mx where does it take these files? The useful files for the graphics are the .json files that I find them in the web folder but on the guide on the wiki there is written that we need all those in the web files folder (images , js, lib) but I'm not in the web folder, I'm in trouble!
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Possibly I am misunderstanding in the translation but your http://collineaprutinemeteodue.altervis ... trends.htm works for me and screen capture attached.

In the initial Cumulus setup and files FTP you should have one-time uploaded all the files and folders in the Cumulusmx\webfiles folder to your webpage.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Nevizio

Post by Nevizio »

Resolved! ;)
There were no files that I thought MX did not send by default with standard web files, I had to manually upload the web files folder with the 3 subfolders images, js, lib.
The next step will be to put these graphs on the home page, as long as it can be done, in the meantime I inform you that in the NOAA c ° reports they are seen in a confused way with strange symbols. :|
Nevizio

Post by Nevizio »

PaulMy wrote: Mon 04 Nov 2019 9:59 pm Possibly I am misunderstanding in the translation but your http://collineaprutinemeteodue.altervis ... trends.htm works for me and screen capture attached.

In the initial Cumulus setup and files FTP you should have one-time uploaded all the files and folders in the Cumulusmx\webfiles folder to your webpage.

Enjoy,
Paul
:D yes
Tigro11
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Windows Seven

Post by Tigro11 »

hi guys, i would like to switch to cumulus mx and turn graphweather off for graphics, is there only one problem, MX also generates the file noaa.xml as graphweather? I need to get the data of the wind averages and the millibar pressure data, otherwise with just the txt file I can't see the wind and barometer data

thanks
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

If I understand what you want, then MX does not provide that data (historic wind and baro) other than the standard graphs.

If you want to do anything more then you will have to look at one of the solutions people have developed that read either the dayfile or a SQL database and graph the data from there.
Tigro11
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Windows Seven

Post by Tigro11 »

I'll post the xml code that reads the average wind and atmospheric pressure.
<wind-direction-distribution>

<n>31.4</n>
<nne>45.6</nne>
<ne>9.8</ne>
<ene>0.3</ene>
<e>0.0</e>
<ese>0.0</ese>
<se>0.0</se>
<sse>0.0</sse>
<s>0.0</s>
<ssw>0.0</ssw>
<sw>0.0</sw>