Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

MX with Weatherlink Live

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Dave
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2

MX with Weatherlink Live

Post by Dave »

I noticed that WLL is now supported in MX. I know Davis finally published an API to access current conditions, but the last I remember hearing was the debate about access to archive data. Things like, is there local archive memory, is a pro subscription needed to download archive data, etc. So, can anyone share some details on using MX with WLL.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: MX with Weatherlink Live

Post by mcrossley »

Davis have not published if there is a method of accessing any archive data, so like other software CMX can only work with live data capture.

The WLL has quite a large archive memory that it uses for catch-up to wl.com when it's internet connection is not available. Whether it uses the archive memory all the time is unknown, though you would suspect it may.

Davis have hinted that there may be extensions to the API in the future, so fingers crossed archive data access will come at some point.

To use CMX with a WLL, you just select it as the station type and define the sensor to transmitter id mappings and which ones you want to use as the primary sensors. It could do with a wiki article to show the process, but I haven't had time to create one yet.
Dave
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2

Post by Dave »

Thanks Mark!
force64
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1801
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by force64 »

Any update on this as I used to have Cumulus working 5 years ago but now have a new vantage vue and weatherlink live and would like to get it working again.

Thanks

Andy
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

I don't expect Davis to add access to archive data to their API any time soon - if ever.
cascade
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by cascade »

Wish someone could give a more in depth explanation on how to get CMX to work with my Weatherlink live.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Wish someone could give a more in depth explanation on how to get CMX to work with my Weatherlink live.
I don't have the Weatherlink Lve but have the Davis Vue with IP logger and presume Weatherlink Live settings is similar.
Have you done all the CumulusMX Station settings?
Station type
Davis connection type
TCP/IP settings
Davis Weatherlink Live

What issues do you have?

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

The only configuration you have to do is say which transmitter Id each sensor is attached to (the Soil and extra T/H sensors also have an "index" setting, but for 99% of people the defaults should be fine).

As Paul said, I think you need to explain what issue your are having?
grapee
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Post by grapee »

PaulMy wrote: Fri 13 Dec 2019 2:58 pm
I don't have the Weatherlink Lve but have the Davis Vue with IP logger and presume Weatherlink Live settings is similar.
Have you done all the CumulusMX Station settings?
Station type
Davis connection type
TCP/IP settings
Davis Weatherlink Live

What issues do you have?

Enjoy,
Paul
I'm having issues getting my head around this.

I have just purchased a Vue with Weatherlink Live.
I did not purchase a console to save a bit of cash, only being on 80% of my salary :cry:
I have never run MX, solely using Cumulus 1 since 2009.

So, where would this be input and in the process ?
Station type
Davis connection type
TCP/IP settings
Davis Weatherlink Live

In simple terms, whilst I'm not a techophobe, I am struggling with this - Cumulus 1 was so much easier !

Cheers

Graeme
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Hi Graeme, so after you start MX, have you connected to the MX administration console?

You launch your browser and connect to http://localhost:8998 (if you run the browser on the same machine as Cumulus), http://<ip-address>:8998 where you enter the IP address of the machine that is running MX if you run the browser on a different machine.

Once the admin interface is loaded, then in the menu select Settings, and from the drop down select Station settings...
Capture1.png

On the station settings page, select the Station Type as Davis WeatherLink Live...
Capture2.png

Set any measurement units that you want to change from the defaults.

If you have left your Vue transmitter set at the default transmitter id of 1, that is all you have to do.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save

Then stop and restart Cumulus MX, it should then discover your WLL device on your local network and start pulling data from it.

Once you have got that far, then we need to know if you have a WeatherLink Pro account or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grapee

Post by grapee »

mcrossley wrote: Thu 30 Apr 2020 2:57 pm Hi Graeme, so after you start MX, have you connected to the MX administration console?

You launch your browser and connect to http://localhost:8998 (if you run the browser on the same machine as Cumulus), http://<ip-address>:8998 where you enter the IP address of the machine that is running MX if you run the browser on a different machine.

Once the admin interface is loaded, then in the menu select Settings, and from the drop down select Station settings...

Capture1.png

On the station settings page, select the Station Type as Davis WeatherLink Live...

Capture2.png

Set any measurement units that you want to change from the defaults.

If you have left your Vue transmitter set at the default transmitter id of 1, that is all you have to do.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save

Then stop and restart Cumulus MX, it should then discover your WLL device on your local network and start pulling data from it.

Once you have got that far, then we need to know if you have a WeatherLink Pro account or not.
Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your inspirational and simple response.

I have managed to get to the Settings tab and filled in most of the relevant fields.

However, I got stuck at this one as I can not see where I can get this from.

Capture.PNG

FYI, I do have a Pro account.

Your help thus far is very much appreciated.

Cheers, Graeme
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

If you only have one station (I think you do), then leave that blank, MX will discover the device ID for you. I'll change the help text on that field to be more explanatory in the next release.
grapee

Post by grapee »

mcrossley wrote: Fri 01 May 2020 10:05 am If you only have one station (I think you do), then leave that blank, MX will discover the device ID for you. I'll change the help text on that field to be more explanatory in the next release.
Cheers Mark,

I do only have the one and all seems to working perfectly.

Thanks again.

Graeme
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Great, let me know how you get on, the WLL is a recent addition so I want to know if there any issues lurking. The next release will extend some WLL features :)
grapee

Post by grapee »

mcrossley wrote: Fri 01 May 2020 10:57 am Great, let me know how you get on, the WLL is a recent addition so I want to know if there any issues lurking. The next release will extend some WLL features :)
So far, so good, apart from this temperature error.
Capture2.PNG
It may be chilly, but not that much !