Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Old Cumulus vs new

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Re: Old Cumulus vs new

Post by Mapantz »

If you want it to start out fresh, make sure Cumulus MX uploads the files to your root directory. So instead of http://www.oldfelixstowe.co.uk/cumulusmx/ (or whatever..) make sure it gets uploaded to http://www.oldfelixstowe.co.uk/.

That can be done by creating an FTP account on your hosting, instructing it to go straight to /home/*your account username*/public_html

In the Cumulus MX settings for Web/FTP, you won't need to supply a directory, as it'll automatically upload the files to your root directory.

When you've done that, and applied those details in Cumulus MX, the files such as index.htm, today.htm, will upload to the root directory, meaning your urls will be http://www.oldfelixstowe.co.uk/index.htm http://www.oldfelixstowe.co.uk/today.htm etc

You can edit all of the standard files (indexT.htm, todayT.htm etc) to how you like - same as you did with Cumulus 1 - and they will upload fine.
nickjwhite
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 10 Pro

Post by nickjwhite »

Thank you so much for your response again.

That FTP stuff looks a bit beyond me as written. I'm not sure I fully understand it.

I have an account, with 1and1 Internet, who host the current site. I have FileZilla and can add/remove anything from what's there now. I can't create another account as that will cost me too much (retired now).
Would you be willing to go through this again for me in a total idiots guide way?
I'm embarrassed to be such an idiot, but this isn't my field of expertise.
Thanks agaon
Nick
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

The FTP details you used on Cumulus 1 should be fine to use in Cumulus MX.

As I mentioned previously, you don't need to upload the folder called 'web' as that stays on your machine so that Cumulus MX processes the files inside of it.

The contents of the webfiles folder is what you would normally upload, but you must have those files already (weatherstyles.css etc) as your old website is working.
I don't know how you keep your folder, but for me, i'd keep it simple and just have C:\CumulusMX

Anyway, you uploaded your diags and it shows Cumulus MX is updating the files, but for some reason, it isn't uploading them. Turn on FTP logging within Cumulus MX, let it run for a few minutes, then zip up the ftplog.txt and post it here.
nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

here are the ftp logs

cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

okay. So I have renamed everything on my webserver as xxxxold except for the webfiles folder which I uploaded from the local install.
I have taken the CumulusMX folder and made it separate from the old Cumulus.
I have restarted the mx app and it is working okay still locally (phew).
As expected, after both stopping the old Cumulus app, and renaming the remote folders, it isn't now doing anything at all.
So, I think I just need na little help tying up the ends to make it all work. I have attached a screenshot of Filezilla showing the local files on the left and the now remote on the right. So, does this look right? If so, what setting do I need to change on the localhost webpage to make this all happen?
Thanks as always
Nick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

The contents of 'web' should be in your root directory, not the 'web' folder itself, unless you go through all of the .htm pages and change the stylesheet directory
nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

just to clarify, so, I take the contents of the local \web folder (not the folder itself) and drop them into the C:\CumulusMX root folder?
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I think the \Cumulus\web contents should be left intact as unzipped (unless you have modified them in your Cumulus 1 set up) and not be changed or moved as that contains all the standard template files for Cumulus to process and then upload.

Can you provide a screen shot of Internet-Sites/Options screen and also of the Internet - Files page,

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

No, keep those contents as they are ie C:\CumulusMX\web

The contents of C:\CumulusMX\webfiles need to be uploaded to your remote server.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

nickjwhite wrote: Wed 20 Nov 2019 9:12 pm just to clarify, so, I take the contents of the local \web folder (not the folder itself) and drop them into the C:\CumulusMX root folder?
No, it's the contents of the local webfiles folder that need to go in the root folder of your Web server. The contents of the local web folder are where MX processes your standard web templates (and then sends the resulting files to your website if you want it to)
Freddie
nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

are these what you are asking for?
nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

and this....sorry, sent one wrong
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

You have nothing in Directory which is the path to your website on your server as indicated by the path in Filezilla.

It is usually something like /public_html/ or /htdocs/
David
nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

okay so on advice, I have recreated a /weather folder on the remote server. In that I have put the contents of the webfiles folder on the local.
I have set the directory in the MX webapp to weather (and have also tried /weather) Still no joy
Clearly I am missing something fundamental.
nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

this is my setup now (ignore all the xxxxold folders)

remote on the right, local on the left.
snap040.jpg