Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Unit configuration problem

Discussion of the Weather34 web site template

Moderators: saratogaWX, weatherist34

PiMan
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 3(B)

Unit configuration problem

Post by PiMan »

I've tried (just about) every permutation to try and get the general data/units on the main page to match the graph units. The graphed data looks fine however, the axis will show incorrect units ie,main page shows daily rainfall of 15.6mm (0.61 inches) then the graph axis shows 0.61 as the culmulative total but instead of inches it shows mm. I'm getting the same problem wind and barometer readings.

I'm guessing my config settings don't match WU and have tried so many settings my head is getting foggy.

Any pointers would be much appreciated :)

OK, I may have answered my own question by reading the readme file, do the graphs no longer work (properly) or do I have an outdated installation?

Davis Vantage Vue/Cumulus MX 3.0.2 b3052

http://www.mullweather.co.uk

http://www.mullweather.co.uk/pws
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Re: Unit configuration problem

Post by saratogaWX »

I just tried to replicate your issue with my local copy of the CU-HWS distribution and was unable to see the same issue.

As I switched units using the menu, the graphs would follow with conversions.

Your settings1.php has

Code: Select all

$worldloc = "uk";
$usa = false; 
$uk = true; 
$scandinavia = false; 
$restoftheworld = false; 
which are correct.

If you installed using git, I suggest you do a git pull to get the latest updates .. last update was Jun 10, 2019 which changed chartswu/conversion.php and may address your issues with the graphs.
PiMan

Post by PiMan »

Thanks for a swift reply. Yes, I did get my copy from github though not sure how to 'pull' so guess I need to do some reading ;)

I did replace my copy of conversion.php with your edited version (https://github.com/ktrue/CU-HWS/blob/ma ... ersion.php) but no change however, I got no warnings without a conversion.php which I expected after clearing my cache? It's been a long time since I played with code so a little rusty.
PiMan

Post by PiMan »

I've made a little progress using Opera but seem to have totally broken the graphs in Firefox lol. Am still thinking its a configuration issue so please don't waste any of your time looking into this (yet).

Cheers.