Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Vantage Vue

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
pshe12
Weather Station: Easy Weather
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Vantage Vue

Post by pshe12 »

Hi,

I still have a Vantage Vue weather station, however the console and PC and cables (i.e. all the bits indoors) were all lost in a house fire.

I am wondering if there is any way to receive the data from the external weather station and transfer it to the laptop using Cumulus without having to buy a new console?

Although we were insured, we lost everything and I can't really justify the expense of a new console at present so looking to see if there are any alternatives.

Thanks
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Vantage Vue

Post by PaulMy »

That is so unfortunate for your loss and wish you the best in getting your lifes and home back in order.

Unfortunately a console and logger, or equivalent, is needed for Cumulus and any other device to receive and record the data.

Good luck,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

pshe12

Post by pshe12 »

Thanks - I thought it would be the case but you don't know for sure until you ask
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Freddie
ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

Post by ExperiMentor »

pshe12 wrote: Thu 29 Aug 2019 10:56 am I am wondering if there is any way to receive the data from the external weather station and transfer it to the laptop using Cumulus without having to buy a new console?
Davis sell a box called "WeatherLink Live" which seems to do just what you ask for - connects to the sensors, sends data to any device on your LAN as well as direct to Weatherlink.com
See https://www.davisinstruments.com/produc ... _Sheet.pdf

The price is quoted as $250, but I suppose that's less than a console [without sensors] + Logger. But there is less functionality. Do you ever look at the console?

BelfryBoy's logger connects to your computer by USB rather than WiFi, but does save some cash.

If the insurance is paying, I think l I'd claim for console + logger + sensor suite (just to make sure there isn't a compatibility issue wink wink)
pshe12

Post by pshe12 »

Thanks I'll look into all of that
prodata
Weather Station: VP2
Operating System: Windows - all flavours

Post by prodata »

ExperiMentor wrote: Fri 30 Aug 2019 7:34 pm Davis sell a box called "WeatherLink Live" which seems to do just what you ask for - connects to the sensors, sends data to any device on your LAN...
But be careful: Weatherlink Live (WLL) does not - currently at least - work with Cumulus(MX). Any software has to contain routines to listen for the UDP broadcasts of wind/rain data from WLL and to poll it at intervals for the other live data.

A Vue console fitted with the WiFi Logger is another and reasonably cost-effective solution.
John Dann
Prodata Weather Systems
Littleport, East Cambs, UK
http://www.weatherstations.co.uk
hrudayagite
Weather Station: 4.6
Operating System: windows 10

Post by hrudayagite »

Thanks for the information.