Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Can't Extract MX 3050 Download

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

ronwright418
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 2

Can't Extract MX 3050 Download

Post by ronwright418 »

Upgrading from MX3043 to 3050. Decided to use a new sd chip so I built using the latest Debian release. Downloaded 3050 , but cannot extract either to the Download directory or the CumulusMX directory which I copied 3050 to. Keep getting permission denied. Tried changing permissions on the directories and .zip file, but can't do that either. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ron
Ron Wright (ronwright418)
ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

Re: Can't Extract MX 3050 Download

Post by ExperiMentor »

Are you sorted now?

You don't give us enough info really.
  • I presume you are using a Raspberry Pi?
  • Did you download CumuklusMX b3050 to the Pi or to a PC?
  • Most folk download to a PC, unzip there, then use FileZilla or similar to copy it to the Pi
Note from other threads that there is presntly a problem witht he new Raspbian Buster release and incompatibility with mono v6.0.0

You might be better off sticking to an 'old' Raspbian 9 (stretch) instead.
ronwright418
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 2

Re: Can't Extract MX 3050 Download

Post by ronwright418 »

Thanks for replying to my post, especially after so long. I should have re-posted right away after I woke up and remembered that it's necessary to reboot after making some changes. (I did download to a PC then transferred to the Pi3 using Filezilla). I wasn't able to finish when I first posted, but plan to do that this afternoon or Wednesday. I think it should all go well.
Ron
Ron Wright (ronwright418)