Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Missing data on dashboard

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: Missing data on dashboard

Post by HansR »

And this morning, after starting up the laptop and accessing Cumulus, I got the error 500 again on all pages and had to do a refresh on all pages to get to normal. So whatever has changed, apart from having an effect on the monthlog-filename, it has a permanent effect on the interface requiring me every day to refresh pages before having access. So far, there are workarounds to continue data acquisition and have access to the application. Hope it does not deteriorate.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
HansR

Post by HansR »

If I call "date +%b" in the shell, I get "aug", as expected, no problem there.

So I continued and checked how it looks from my programming point of view, that is from C:

Code: Select all

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <time.h>
#include <locale.h>

int  main()
{

struct lconv  *thisLocale; // see: man 7 locale
  time_t        thisTime;

thisLocale = localeconv();

printf("decimal_point: |%s|\n", thisLocale->decimal_point);
  printf("currency_symbol: |%s|\n", thisLocale->currency_symbol);
  printf("mon_decimal_point: |%s|\n", thisLocale->mon_decimal_point);
  printf("mon_thousands_sep: |%s|\n", thisLocale->mon_thousands_sep);
  printf("mon_grouping: |%s|\n", thisLocale->mon_grouping);
  printf("positive_sign: |%s|\n", thisLocale->positive_sign);
  printf("negative_sign: |%s|\n", thisLocale->negative_sign);
  printf("int_frac_digits: |%d|\n",thisLocale->int_frac_digits);
  printf("frac_digits: |%d|\n",thisLocale->frac_digits);
  printf("p_cs_precedes: |%d|\n",thisLocale->p_cs_precedes);
  printf("p_sep_by_space: |%d|\n",thisLocale->p_sep_by_space);
  printf("n_cs_precedes: |%d|\n",thisLocale->n_cs_precedes);
  printf("n_sep_by_space: |%d|\n",thisLocale->n_sep_by_space);
  printf("p_sign_posn: |%d|\n",thisLocale->p_sign_posn);
  printf("n_sign_posn: |%d|\n",thisLocale->n_sign_posn);

time(&thisTime);
  printf("Time: %s\n", ctime(&thisTime));

return(0);
}
And the output is:

decimal_point: |.|
currency_symbol: ||
mon_decimal_point: ||
mon_thousands_sep: ||
mon_grouping: ||
positive_sign: ||
negative_sign: ||
int_frac_digits: |255|
frac_digits: |255|
p_cs_precedes: |255|
p_sep_by_space: |255|
n_cs_precedes: |255|
n_sep_by_space: |255|
p_sign_posn: |255|
n_sign_posn: |255|
Time: Tue Aug 27 07:46:44 2019
So, yes, I see a difference in the decimal point (I would expect a ',' and get a '.') and the rest is empty which surprises me. But the result is what I expect. No added point after the month. Other methods to get locale values in C?

From where I stand, the problem is not in the locale.
Hans

Matt.j5b
Weather Station: Davis VP2/ WLL with DFARS
Operating System: RPi Raspbian (Buster)

Post by Matt.j5b »

I switched the locale back to English (United Kingdom) and I don't get additional point (.) after Aug. It now writes to the correctly named log and I now have the previous date and time format.

But the dashboard pages issue remains. I also get the 500 error on all the pages requiring a refresh to remove. But after that on many pages it's still doesn't show the page content properly. Some pages though do work properly like the main dashboard and the graphs.
Regards, Matt of Brisbane, Australia
Ferny Grove Weather
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Matt,

At first I thought you were right and that changing the locale would do it, even if I don't want an en_UK locale.
But then I looked a bit further and in my case, normally the filenames are lowercase (e.g. 'aug19log.txt').
When changing to en_UK locale (through /etc/environment because raspi-config could not do it), the result is 'Aug19log.txt'. I agree the point is gone, but now we have a case issue here. So I decided to stick with the aug.19log.txt for the time being.

[edit:] And looking beyond that: changing to UK locale also gives a change of field separator from ';' to ',' and I think that is unacceptable. [/edit]

I am still not happy here and indeed the 500 errors keep coming.

Best,
Hans

Matt.j5b

Post by Matt.j5b »

I didn't want the additional point in the file name as when this first started happening the page with data logs viewer wouldn't read any of the older log file. But now it won't read any log files at all. In fact most pages don't work even after refreshing following the 500 error which not helpful.
Ferny Grove Weather
HansR

Post by HansR »

It's likely that in your case the separator/decimal characters are different between both locales as well.
For the time being I accept the point in the filename but we need a real solution.
Hans

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

HansR wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 5:52 amFrom where I stand, the problem is not in the locale.
Have you looked at the values being used in your locale? Type the following in a terminal:

locale -k LC_TIME
This will list all the values. Note that there is more than one date format string.

Have you been able to ascertain (i.e. by reading the documentation) if your version of Mono uses a different locale, or perhaps changes the values of individual locale attributes?

AFAIK MX will use the values provided by the operating system, via Mono in this case, as it is the abstration environment in which MX runs, and MX does not define its own values.

Have you tried reverting to the recommended mono-complete package?

I don't know the reason behind your 500 errors in the interface, but I would strongly suspect it is related to the origin of your problem with dates.
Freddie
HansR

Post by HansR »

Have you been able to ascertain (i.e. by reading the documentation) if your version of Mono uses a different locale, or perhaps changes the values of individual locale attributes?
No. I am just now setting up a development environment with mono/monodevelop and that does not really work. I have no experience with mono and it is a rather complex thing. I think I don't have to say this. When using as a black box it's OK, now I have to get in depth. That takes an awful lot of time. I'll see what I can do, but I think it is a bit beyond me at this moment.

I understand and agree, that Cumulus takes its values from the middleware. As mono is the thing which changed, it is likely to be a large suspect. I may install a lower version but that can be dangerous too, because with an upgrade a lot of libraries go with it and actually the whole system upgrades. I do not feel good about only taking mono some versions back.

And we have to take into account, that Matt has the same problems but he only installed "sudo apt-get update and installed VNC Server". This means that he also has a lot of library upgrades and has the same problem. That would point to some library somewhere and not mono, probably deeper down.
I don't know the reason behind your 500 errors in the interface, but I would strongly suspect it is related to the origin of your problem with dates.
I agree about the date being the cause of problem also of the 500 error. But I feel bad just doing things without certainty. So I will not revert to some older version of mono because there are too many variables in the game. I did not anticipate this and I fear to crash the whole system which would make things worse. I do not know which system-state to return to.

The best I can do is prepare well and create a totally new system, restore my Cumulus backup - I have those made every day - and restart. If that goes well, I can get rid of the erroneously named file. In the mean time, I keep my fingers crossed and see what happens when the month rolls over.

But anyhow, somebody has to look into the mono issue, because anybody who does a simple 'apt upgrade' appears to run into problems and if handled wrongly it may quickly become worse (as I experienced with changing the locale, that is really bad advice because the file format changes with it, not just the name).

I will keep on searching, but it has already cost too much time. So for now it goes on hold unless a really good idea comes along.

Below is the result of "locale -k LC_TIME"

root@rpiMeteo:/home/CumulusMX/Projects# locale -k LC_TIME
abday="zo;ma;di;wo;do;vr;za"
day="zondag;maandag;dinsdag;woensdag;donderdag;vrijdag;zaterdag"
abmon="jan;feb;mrt;apr;mei;jun;jul;aug;sep;okt;nov;dec"
mon="januari;februari;maart;april;mei;juni;juli;augustus;september;oktober;november;december"
am_pm=";"
d_t_fmt="%a %d %b %Y %T %Z"
d_fmt="%d-%m-%y"
t_fmt="%T"
t_fmt_ampm=""
era=
era_year=""
era_d_fmt=""
alt_digits=
era_d_t_fmt=""
era_t_fmt=""
time-era-num-entries=0
time-era-entries="z"
week-ndays=7
week-1stday=19971130
week-1stweek=4
first_weekday=2
first_workday=2
cal_direction=1
timezone=""
date_fmt="%a %e %b %Y %k:%M:%S %Z"
time-codeset="UTF-8"
Hans

freddie

Post by freddie »

The common factor appears to be that you are both running Stretch and you both did an apt update. I think the additional stuff that you both installed was a bit of a red herring, as what additions you installed are unrelated on the surface. You both have identical symptoms of problems with date format - specifically, your short month format appears to have changed under Mono (but AFAICT Matt.j5b didn't change anything to do with Mono) from "aug" to "aug." for you, and from "Aug" to "Aug." for Matt.jb5.

It was the above that led me to suspect locale settings. As far as I know all system libraries will use locale settings when constructing strings to represent date and time. This helps library developers because they don't have to code their own routines - they just use those provided by the OS.

It would be a good idea if both of you identify exactly what was updated and see if there is any commonality between the two systems.

The only difference (apart from the usual) between my locale settings and yours is that I have a couple of additional values:

alt_mon="January;February;March;April;May;June;July;August;September;October;November;December"
ab_alt_mon="Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec"
I don't think the difference is significant, but I could be wrong.

Have you looked in the source code to see which strings are used to generate log file names? It might be worth messaging mcrossley (the current developer) in order that he might be alerted to this problem.
Freddie
HansR

Post by HansR »

Thanks for thinking with us.
  1. "As far as I know all system libraries will use locale settings ". Yes, agree. That's why it can be anywhere , we need to know where and how it passes to the mono-system.
  2. I think it is an absolute impossibility for me to know what actually was upgraded. It is a leap of faith. A series of apt commands updates roughly 150 items. I don't know if there is a trace, but even if there is, I do not have the courage to investigate. A rollback is not one of the options unless it is from a backup. The analytical solution is simply to far beyond my knowledge of the system. I know how to (surface) handle, operate and manipulate linux, I even went into the sources at times. But this is asked too much. Sorry.
  3. I see the difference in your locale, but have no idea about the role/function. So can't say much about it.
  4. Yes, I checked the code. See below. I'll sent mcrossley a message to check out this thread.
The first occurrence is in the class GetLogFileName:

var datestring = logfiledate.ToString("MMMyy");

return Datapath + datestring + "log.txt";
The next and last occurrence is in Backupdata:

DateTime logfiledate = timestamp.AddHours(GetHourInc());
var datestring = logfiledate.ToString("MMMyy");

var LogFile = LogFilePath + datestring + "log.txt";
var logbackup = foldername + datestring + "log.txt";
Hans

freddie

Post by freddie »

HansR wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 5:41 pmThanks for thinking with us.
No problem, we all help each other :D
HansR wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 5:41 pmThat's why it can be anywhere , we need to know where and how it passes to the mono-system.
Generally through syscalls. In your supplied code snippet, the function/method DateTime.ToString("MMMyy") will cause Mono to ask the OS for the format strings for short month and short year, append them, and convert the actual date/time into those string formats.
HansR wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 5:41 pmI think it is an absolute impossibility for me to know what actually was upgraded. It is a leap of faith. A series of apt commands updates roughly 150 items. I don't know if there is a trace, but even if there is, I do not have the courage to investigate. A rollback is not one of the options unless it is from a backup. The analytical solution is simply to far beyond my knowledge of the system. I know how to (surface) handle, operate and manipulate linux, I even went into the sources at times. But this is asked too much. Sorry.
On my system, apt operations are logged at /var/log/apt/history.log. My system is Ubuntu which is a Debian derivative, so I think your log will probably be in the same place. It's an easy-to-read text format, so easy to see which components were upgraded and when. The alternative is to make a note of what was upraded, re-image your Pi, and then upgrade each component manually, doing testing between. It might be a long process but would be useful to package maintainers.
HansR wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 5:41 pmI see the difference in your locale, but have no idea about the role/function. So can't say much about it.
Same here! It might be an idea to read the man page for date and see what using the format string from the MX code functions will do to the format of the date.
Freddie
Matt.j5b

Post by Matt.j5b »

Changing the locale back to English (United Kingdom) changed the date and time format back to how it was before but didn't resolve the 500 error which makes the dashboard virtually useless atm. I certainly that not well versed what to do to fix this, so I am only going by the thoughts in this thread. I already spent enought time on this and I am certainly not going to try things without certainty especially as don't really know what I am doing. I do appreciate the cooperation in trying to resolve this issue.

Output from history.log

Start-Date: 2019-08-26  20:27:22
Commandline: apt-get purge realvnc-vnc-server realvnc-vnc-viewer
Requested-By: pi (1000)
Purge: realvnc-vnc-viewer:armhf (6.19.325.40889), realvnc-vnc-server:armhf (6.4.1.40826)
End-Date: 2019-08-26  20:27:32

Start-Date: 2019-08-26  20:49:06
Commandline: apt-get install realvnc-vnc-server
Requested-By: pi (1000)
Install: libsane-extras:armhf (1.0
Output from term.log

Log started: 2019-08-26  20:49:06
Selecting previously unselected package libcupsmime1:armhf.

(Reading database ... 
(Reading database ... 5%
(Reading database ... 10%
(Reading database ... 15%
(Reading database ... 20%
(Reading database ... 25%
(Reading database ... 30%
(Reading database ... 35%
(Reading database ... 40%
(Reading database ... 45%
(Reading database ... 50%
(Reading database ... 55%
(Reading database ... 60%
(Reading database ... 65%
(Reading database ... 70%
(Reading database ... 75%
(Reading database ... 80%
(Reading database ... 85%
(Reading database ... 90%
(Reading database ... 95%
(Reading database ... 100%
(Reading database ... 87083 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack .../00-libcupsmime1_2.2.1-8+deb9u2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libcupsmime1:armhf (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package bc.

Preparing to unpack .../01-bc_1.06.95-9_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking bc (1.06.95-9) ...

Selecting previously unselected package cups-daemon.

Preparing to unpack .../02-cups-daemon_2.2.1-8+deb9u2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking cups-daemon (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package liblqr-1-0:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../03-liblqr-1-0_0.4.2-2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking liblqr-1-0:armhf (0.4.2-2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package imagemagick-6-common.

Preparing to unpack .../04-imagemagick-6-common_8%3a6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7_all.deb ...

Unpacking imagemagick-6-common (8:6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libmagickcore-6.q16-3:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../05-libmagickcore-6.q16-3_8%3a6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libmagickcore-6.q16-3:armhf (8:6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libmagickwand-6.q16-3:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../06-libmagickwand-6.q16-3_8%3a6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libmagickwand-6.q16-3:armhf (8:6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libsane-common.

Preparing to unpack .../07-libsane-common_1.0.25-4.1_all.deb ...

Unpacking libsane-common (1.0.25-4.1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package acl.

Preparing to unpack .../08-acl_2.2.52-3_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking acl (2.2.52-3) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libgusb2:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../09-libgusb2_0.2.9-1_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libgusb2:armhf (0.2.9-1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libcolorhug2:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../10-libcolorhug2_1.3.3-2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libcolorhug2:armhf (1.3.3-2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libgd3:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../11-libgd3_2.2.4-2+deb9u4_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libgd3:armhf (2.2.4-2+deb9u4) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libgphoto2-port12:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../12-libgphoto2-port12_2.5.12-1_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libgphoto2-port12:armhf (2.5.12-1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libgphoto2-6:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../13-libgphoto2-6_2.5.12-1_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libgphoto2-6:armhf (2.5.12-1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libieee1284-3:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../14-libieee1284-3_0.2.11-13_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libieee1284-3:armhf (0.2.11-13) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libsane:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../15-libsane_1.0.25-4.1_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libsane:armhf (1.0.25-4.1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package colord-data.

Preparing to unpack .../16-colord-data_1.3.3-2_all.deb ...

Unpacking colord-data (1.3.3-2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package colord.

Preparing to unpack .../17-colord_1.3.3-2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking colord (1.3.3-2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libcupscgi1:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../18-libcupscgi1_2.2.1-8+deb9u2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libcupscgi1:armhf (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libcupsppdc1:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../19-libcupsppdc1_2.2.1-8+deb9u2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libcupsppdc1:armhf (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libqpdf17:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../20-libqpdf17_6.0.0-2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libqpdf17:armhf (6.0.0-2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package poppler-utils.

Preparing to unpack .../21-poppler-utils_0.48.0-2+deb9u2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking poppler-utils (0.48.0-2+deb9u2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package cups-filters-core-drivers.

Preparing to unpack .../22-cups-filters-core-drivers_1.11.6-3+rpt2+deb9u1_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking cups-filters-core-drivers (1.11.6-3+rpt2+deb9u1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package cups-core-drivers.

Preparing to unpack .../23-cups-core-drivers_2.2.1-8+deb9u2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking cups-core-drivers (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package ghostscript.

Preparing to unpack .../24-ghostscript_9.26a~dfsg-0+deb9u4_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking ghostscript (9.26a~dfsg-0+deb9u4) ...

Selecting previously unselected package cups-common.

Preparing to unpack .../25-cups-common_2.2.1-8+deb9u2_all.deb ...

Unpacking cups-common (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package cups-server-common.

Preparing to unpack .../26-cups-server-common_2.2.1-8+deb9u2_all.deb ...

Unpacking cups-server-common (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package cups-client.

Preparing to unpack .../27-cups-client_2.2.1-8+deb9u2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking cups-client (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package cups-ppdc.

Preparing to unpack .../28-cups-ppdc_2.2.1-8+deb9u2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking cups-ppdc (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libfontembed1:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../29-libfontembed1_1.11.6-3+rpt2+deb9u1_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libfontembed1:armhf (1.11.6-3+rpt2+deb9u1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package imagemagick-6.q16.

Preparing to unpack .../30-imagemagick-6.q16_8%3a6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking imagemagick-6.q16 (8:6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7) ...

Selecting previously unselected package imagemagick.

Preparing to unpack .../31-imagemagick_8%3a6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking imagemagick (8:6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7) ...

Selecting previously unselected package cups-filters.

Preparing to unpack .../32-cups-filters_1.11.6-3+rpt2+deb9u1_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking cups-filters (1.11.6-3+rpt2+deb9u1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package cups.

Preparing to unpack .../33-cups_2.2.1-8+deb9u2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking cups (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package cups-browsed.

Preparing to unpack .../34-cups-browsed_1.11.6-3+rpt2+deb9u1_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking cups-browsed (1.11.6-3+rpt2+deb9u1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package gsfonts.

Preparing to unpack .../35-gsfonts_1%3a8.11+urwcyr1.0.7~pre44-4.3_all.deb ...

Unpacking gsfonts (1:8.11+urwcyr1.0.7~pre44-4.3) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libgphoto2-l10n.

Preparing to unpack .../36-libgphoto2-l10n_2.5.12-1_all.deb ...

Unpacking libgphoto2-l10n (2.5.12-1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libgutenprint2.

Preparing to unpack .../37-libgutenprint2_5.2.11-1+b6_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libgutenprint2 (5.2.11-1+b6) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libjxr0:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../38-libjxr0_1.1-6_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libjxr0:armhf (1.1-6) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libjxr-tools.

Preparing to unpack .../39-libjxr-tools_1.1-6_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libjxr-tools (1.1-6) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libwmf0.2-7:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../40-libwmf0.2-7_0.2.8.4-10.6_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libwmf0.2-7:armhf (0.2.8.4-10.6) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libmagickcore-6.q16-3-extra:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../41-libmagickcore-6.q16-3-extra_8%3a6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libmagickcore-6.q16-3-extra:armhf (8:6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libnetpbm10.

Preparing to unpack .../42-libnetpbm10_2%3a10.0-15.3_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libnetpbm10 (2:10.0-15.3) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libsane-extras-common.

Preparing to unpack .../43-libsane-extras-common_1.0.22.4_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libsane-extras-common (1.0.22.4) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libsane-extras:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../44-libsane-extras_1.0.22.4_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libsane-extras:armhf (1.0.22.4) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libyaml-0-2:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../45-libyaml-0-2_0.1.7-2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking libyaml-0-2:armhf (0.1.7-2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package netpbm.

Preparing to unpack .../46-netpbm_2%3a10.0-15.3_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking netpbm (2:10.0-15.3) ...

Selecting previously unselected package printer-driver-gutenprint.

Preparing to unpack .../47-printer-driver-gutenprint_5.2.11-1+b6_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking printer-driver-gutenprint (5.2.11-1+b6) ...

Selecting previously unselected package qpdf.

Preparing to unpack .../48-qpdf_6.0.0-2_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking qpdf (6.0.0-2) ...

Selecting previously unselected package realvnc-vnc-server.

Preparing to unpack .../49-realvnc-vnc-server_6.4.1.40826_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking realvnc-vnc-server (6.4.1.40826) ...

Selecting previously unselected package sane-utils.

Preparing to unpack .../50-sane-utils_1.0.25-4.1_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking sane-utils (1.0.25-4.1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package liblouis-data.

Preparing to unpack .../51-liblouis-data_3.0.0-3+deb9u4_all.deb ...

Unpacking liblouis-data (3.0.0-3+deb9u4) ...

Selecting previously unselected package liblouis12:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../52-liblouis12_3.0.0-3+deb9u4_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking liblouis12:armhf (3.0.0-3+deb9u4) ...

Selecting previously unselected package liblouisutdml-data.

Preparing to unpack .../53-liblouisutdml-data_2.6.0-3_all.deb ...

Unpacking liblouisutdml-data (2.6.0-3) ...

Selecting previously unselected package liblouisutdml7:armhf.

Preparing to unpack .../54-liblouisutdml7_2.6.0-3+b1_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking liblouisutdml7:armhf (2.6.0-3+b1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package liblouisutdml-bin.

Preparing to unpack .../55-liblouisutdml-bin_2.6.0-3+b1_armhf.deb ...

Unpacking liblouisutdml-bin (2.6.0-3+b1) ...

Setting up imagemagick-6-common (8:6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7) ...

Setting up libgphoto2-port12:armhf (2.5.12-1) ...

Setting up cups-server-common (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Setting up poppler-utils (0.48.0-2+deb9u2) ...

Processing triggers for mime-support (3.60) ...

Setting up gsfonts (1:8.11+urwcyr1.0.7~pre44-4.3) ...

Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.23-1) ...

Processing triggers for install-info (6.3.0.dfsg.1-1+b1) ...

Setting up cups-common (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Setting up liblouisutdml-data (2.6.0-3) ...

Processing triggers for libglib2.0-0:armhf (2.50.3-2) ...

Setting up libnetpbm10 (2:10.0-15.3) ...

Processing triggers for libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0:armhf (2.36.5-2+deb9u2) ...

Setting up libgd3:armhf (2.2.4-2+deb9u4) ...

Setting up libcupsmime1:armhf (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Setting up libgutenprint2 (5.2.11-1+b6) ...

Setting up ghostscript (9.26a~dfsg-0+deb9u4) ...

Setting up libgphoto2-l10n (2.5.12-1) ...

Setting up libjxr0:armhf (1.1-6) ...

Setting up realvnc-vnc-server (6.4.1.40826) ...

Updating /etc/pam.d/vncserver

Updating /etc/pam.conf... done

Looking for font path... not found.

Installed systemd unit for VNC Server in Service Mode daemon

Start or stop the service with:

systemctl (start|stop) vncserver-x11-serviced.service

Mark or unmark the service to be started at boot time with:

systemctl (enable|disable) vncserver-x11-serviced.service

Installed systemd unit for VNC Server in Virtual Mode daemon

Start or stop the service with:

systemctl (start|stop) vncserver-virtuald.service

Mark or unmark the service to be started at boot time with:

systemctl (enable|disable) vncserver-virtuald.service

Setting up libcupsppdc1:armhf (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Setting up libsane-common (1.0.25-4.1) ...

Setting up liblouis-data (3.0.0-3+deb9u4) ...

Setting up liblqr-1-0:armhf (0.4.2-2) ...

Setting up libfontembed1:armhf (1.11.6-3+rpt2+deb9u1) ...

Setting up libyaml-0-2:armhf (0.1.7-2) ...

Setting up libqpdf17:armhf (6.0.0-2) ...

Setting up colord-data (1.3.3-2) ...

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.24-11+deb9u4) ...

Processing triggers for udev (232-25+deb9u11) ...

Processing triggers for systemd (232-25+deb9u11) ...

Setting up libgusb2:armhf (0.2.9-1) ...

Setting up netpbm (2:10.0-15.3) ...

Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.6.1-2) ...

Processing triggers for shared-mime-info (1.8-1+deb9u1) ...

Setting up libsane-extras-common (1.0.22.4) ...

Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.13.3-9) ...

Setting up qpdf (6.0.0-2) ...

Processing triggers for dbus (1.10.28-0+deb9u1) ...

Setting up bc (1.06.95-9) ...

Setting up libieee1284-3:armhf (0.2.11-13) ...

Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.15-1) ...

Setting up acl (2.2.52-3) ...

Setting up cups-client (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Adding group `lpadmin' (GID 118) ...

Done.

Setting up liblouis12:armhf (3.0.0-3+deb9u4) ...

Setting up libwmf0.2-7:armhf (0.2.8.4-10.6) ...

Setting up libcupscgi1:armhf (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Processing triggers for fontconfig (2.11.0-6.7) ...

Setting up libsane-extras:armhf (1.0.22.4) ...

Setting up libmagickcore-6.q16-3:armhf (8:6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7) ...

Setting up liblouisutdml7:armhf (2.6.0-3+b1) ...

Setting up libjxr-tools (1.1-6) ...

Setting up libgphoto2-6:armhf (2.5.12-1) ...

Setting up cups-ppdc (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Setting up cups-daemon (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/cups.path -> /lib/systemd/system/cups.path.

Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/printer.target.wants/cups.service -> /lib/systemd/system/cups.service.

Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/sockets.target.wants/cups.socket -> /lib/systemd/system/cups.socket.

Setting up libcolorhug2:armhf (1.3.3-2) ...

Setting up liblouisutdml-bin (2.6.0-3+b1) ...

Setting up libmagickwand-6.q16-3:armhf (8:6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7) ...

Setting up cups-filters-core-drivers (1.11.6-3+rpt2+deb9u1) ...

Setting up cups-browsed (1.11.6-3+rpt2+deb9u1) ...

Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/cups-browsed.service -> /lib/systemd/system/cups-browsed.service.

Setting up libsane:armhf (1.0.25-4.1) ...

Adding scanner group...

Setting up imagemagick-6.q16 (8:6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7) ...

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/compare-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/compare (compare) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/compare-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/compare-im6 (compare-im6) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/animate-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/animate (animate) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/animate-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/animate-im6 (animate-im6) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/convert-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/convert (convert) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/convert-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/convert-im6 (convert-im6) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/composite-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/composite (composite) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/composite-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/composite-im6 (composite-im6) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/conjure-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/conjure (conjure) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/conjure-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/conjure-im6 (conjure-im6) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/import-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/import (import) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/import-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/import-im6 (import-im6) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/identify-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/identify (identify) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/identify-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/identify-im6 (identify-im6) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/stream-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/stream (stream) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/stream-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/stream-im6 (stream-im6) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/display-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/display (display) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/display-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/display-im6 (display-im6) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/montage-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/montage (montage) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/montage-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/montage-im6 (montage-im6) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/mogrify-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/mogrify (mogrify) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/mogrify-im6.q16 to provide /usr/bin/mogrify-im6 (mogrify-im6) in auto mode

Setting up cups-core-drivers (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Setting up colord (1.3.3-2) ...

colord.service is a disabled or a static unit, not starting it.

Setting up libmagickcore-6.q16-3-extra:armhf (8:6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7) ...

Setting up imagemagick (8:6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u7) ...

Setting up sane-utils (1.0.25-4.1) ...

Adding saned group and user...

Adding user saned to group scanner

Setting up cups-filters (1.11.6-3+rpt2+deb9u1) ...

Setting up cups (2.2.1-8+deb9u2) ...

Updating PPD files for cups ...

Updating PPD files for cups-filters ...

Updating PPD files for gutenprint ...

Setting up printer-driver-gutenprint (5.2.11-1+b6) ...

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.24-11+deb9u4) ...

Processing triggers for systemd (232-25+deb9u11) ...

Processing triggers for dbus (1.10.28-0+deb9u1) ...

Log ended: 2019-08-26  20:50:02
Ferny Grove Weather
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

It definitely looks like a Mono 6.0 issue to me, afaik Mono implements its own locale settings.
Upgrading to a major new release is always going to be risky, major releases are normally flagged as such because they break backward compatibility in some way.

All I can suggest is you revert to Mono 5.x
Matt.j5b

Post by Matt.j5b »

Annoying that Mono 6 is called the stable version when it does this.
How would I revert to Mono 5.x. Would I uninstall mono and then somehow install the older version. I know how to install mono but not a particular version.
Could you please advise.
Thanks
Ferny Grove Weather
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Assuming you are using Raspbian/Debian, then though this post is for wheezy not stretch, the principal is the same...
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/337 ... o/33763688