Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Supported devices

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Mark14
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP3501
Operating System: Windows 10

Supported devices

Post by Mark14 »

I am considering buying a new station, but I want it to be compatible with Cumulus. Does Cumulus receive data from these stations:

Eurochron EFUS 750 - https://www.conrad.com/p/wireless-digit ... rs-1486672
Eurochron EFWS2900 https://www.conrad.com/p/eurochron-efws ... st=product ?
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Supported devices

Post by water01 »

They are not in this list https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/Supported_Devices so it is doubtful.
David
Mark14

Post by Mark14 »

And what about Ecowitt HP3500B - TFT Color Display Wifi Weather Station? It uses EasyWeather 2 software to upload data on PC.
http://www.ecowitt.com/weather_station/5.html
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Not according to the second post here.

Cheers, Alan.
Mark14

Post by Mark14 »

Some time has passed and I am testing now the HP3501 weather station by Ecowitt. Unfortunately, I plugged the console to my previously used EasyWeather for WH2080 and the software didn't recognize the station. Ecowitt provides EasyWeather 2, but it is not particularly advanced. However, you can edit the console settings quickly.

Anyway, I won't do anything about it. It's a shame that I can't update data on my current website at this station, which has been around since 2012.

I informed the Ecowitt technical team about this issue, but I don't know if they plan to do anything about it.
TechnoDribble
Weather Station: Maplin /FO; Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Win 10 / Pi

Post by TechnoDribble »

Unfortunately the future is internet connected PWS and the probability of getting another PWS that can be hooked up with USB to a Pi and Cumulus is rather low.

However all is not lost.
I have been doing a lot of work with Ecowitt who are the primary retailer of Fine Offset stations and do testing work with them.
There is a small gateway called the GW-1000 which has an integrated barometer and Temp/humidity sensor. The beauty of this device is that its the size of a matchbox and USB powered and further more reads most of the current Fine Offset sensors they sell. So this means you don't need to have a console display if you don't want one.
You can display the live data on a app (ws-view) or on the Internet via a hosted platform Ecowitt.net. and also the usual on-line services like WOW and Wunderground etc
It will allow you to upload the data to a custom location (aka your own server) using the Wunderground or Ecowitt protocols.

However I have save the best bit to last....the GW-1000 has its own API and once publicly released you will be able to read the data natively from the GW-1000 (and any sensors you have hooked up to it). Meteobridge has already got access to the API and incorporated it into its code and I understand that others are looking at it too.
If there is a coder here who would like to have a go at adding the API to Cumulus MX code base then let me know and I will hook you up with Ecowitt and get early access to the API.