Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Installing Cumulus MX on Mac

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

matchlockman
Weather Station: Aercus WS 3083
Operating System: Mac

Installing Cumulus MX on Mac

Post by matchlockman »

Hi,
I am trying to install Cumulus MX on my Mac, but I can't find out how to install it, can anyone help me please?
Thanks
David
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Installing Cumulus MX on Mac

Post by freddie »

The "Cumulus MX download" thread in this forum should be your first port of call. Essentially, it is a case of unzipping the distribution, ensuring the correct dependencies are available, and running as an appropriate user. All these points are covered in that thread. I don't think the Mac will be too different to a Linux installation.
Freddie
matchlockman

Post by matchlockman »

I have read through the "Cumulus MX download" topic, I did that before I posted the question and have subsequently read it again. A search on the forum reveals nothing about MAC's
I have downloaded the latest build and unzipped it, I can see all all the dependencies but can't tell if they are correct or if any are missing - I would assume they are all there.
If it was on a PC I could just open the EXE file but that won't work on a MAC.
An application on a MAC needs an APP file in order to execute, there isn't an APP file in the folder.
Any assistance will be very welcome.
Thanks
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Cumulus MX will run on the Mac if you can get the Mono package for the Mac (you can - https://www.mono-project.com/docs/getti ... stall/mac/)

Cumulus MX is a .Net program. Mono is an open source implementation of .Net.

So you won't need an APP file to run Cumulus MX on the Mac.

Note that Cumulus MX is run from the command line or console - so there's nothing to double-click on (or whatever happens on the Mac to launch a program). Starting Cumulus MX from the command line doesn't cause a gui or window to start up. To access the interface/gui you need to start up your web browser and navigate to http://localhost:8998 typically. Then you will see your point-and-click functionality for controlling the program.

All this is detailed in the first post in this sub-forum.
Freddie
matchlockman

Post by matchlockman »

Thanks Freddie
TXRweather
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO 2
Operating System: PI 3B+ running CMX3.1.0b3191

Post by TXRweather »

Did you ever get it running? I put MX on my MAC a couple of years ago. Was a diehard windows fan before that. It was definitely a week long learning curve.