Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

MeteoAdvisory

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: MeteoAdvisory

Post by HansR »

1. As far as I understand the code, the content in the cache is used if it has not expired. This means, that if there is content in the cache (fetched by e.g. check-fetch-times) it should be used if used within expiry time. That would mean, I would have to see the warning on the page if the cache content is valid. This does not happen at all while sometimes I manage to get valid html in the cache by check-fetch-times.
  2. with 'is not handled correctly' I mean that the warning does not show on the wxadvisory-page if the cache content is valid (see point 1)
  3. KNMI/temis.nl has been known to block IP addresses : I am not blocked because I get the info after 60-70 seconds. Both from the PHP-scripts and in my browser. I agree it seems a problem at temis. Might have to do with CDN as you have lightning fast results and I have to wait 60-70 seconds.
  4. I wait for temis first now, then I look again at meteoalarm which may have a similar problem (but I would appreciate it if you could look into point 1 and 2)
Thnx so far.

To be continued (when I have comment back from temis)
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Post by saratogaWX »

Thanks for the elaboration about the issue.

Your Settings.php entry of

Code: Select all

$SITE['EUwarningURL']    = 'https://www.meteoalarm.eu/ne_NL/0/0/NL-Nederland.html';
actually points to an area list of zones instead of a specific zone, so the HTML returned from that area list may not be parsed correctly by the script (which was designed for a specific zone). You should pick one of the areas to use for your URL in that setting to have the get-meteoalarm-warning-inc.php script operate properly.

That may be the underlying cause of the issues with display (ignoring the on-again/off-again timeouts to meteoalarm.eu).
HansR

Post by HansR »

Aha, indeed. That is solved than.
This single area requirement was not clear to me.
At least we can mark this one as solved. This leaves only the time-outs.

I'll be back with the temis.nl comment.

Thnx, Hans
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

I still had this open topic to reply to, open already for 4 weeks. Unfortunately temis.nl did not reply to my question why the delays (which lead to time-outs for us). However the situation has much improved and I have seen no time-outs since roughly three weeks. So the assumption it was on the network side (probably their side) seems to be correct. I have no further problems, everything works fine. Thanks for thinking with me.

Best,
Hans