Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Erroneous High/Low data

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

chrishudson
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspbian Bullseye

Erroneous High/Low data

Post by chrishudson »

I have a weird problem with my current install of Cumulus. The high/low data in the dashboard and the today/yesterday panels do not seem to reflect the data shown in the chart screen. I'm not sure how long this has been going on.

1. This is the dashboard which shows the current time as 13:10 pm yet also shows high data from times such as 14:48, 15:07 and 16:12.
ErroneousHighData.png

2. The today/yesterday data which also shows data from after the current time.
ErroneousHighData2.png

3. The temp graph for the last two days, which shows that what is being reported as today's high and low were actually yesterdays high and low.
ErroneousHighData3.png

I've checked the time and timezone on the Raspberry Pi, I've restarted the Pi. I'm on the verge of rebuilding my whole Cumulus install, but want to see if anyone has any ideas before I do so.

Cheers,
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Latham, ACT, Australia
http://lathamweather.net
Davis Vantage Pro 2 - Raspberry Pi 3
chrishudson

Re: Erroneous High/Low data

Post by chrishudson »

I think I may have solved my own problem.

I noticed that the data being written to mySQL had stopped at 30th May 13:40.

I had a look at the MXDiag files around that time and noticed an issue with network connectivity on the 30th May at about 1:05. From that point onwards Cumulus had issues writing to mySQL and that seemed to also translate into issues writing to the dayfile.txt and today.ini and yesterday.ini.

Since the reboot of the Pi, this issue seems to have been fixed [at least the mySQL writes are now working]

I'll wait and see what happens overnight when the yesterday and today files roll over to see if that fixes the issue I'm having.

For those that are interested, I've attached the MXDiag file.

Cheers,
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Latham, ACT, Australia
chrishudson

Re: Erroneous High/Low data

Post by chrishudson »

Yep, that was the issue. Everything is now working as expected.
Latham, ACT, Australia