Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Weather Blues gauges not working

Discussion of Jacques DesRoches's web site templates

Moderator: JacquesD

G6GUH
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Pro
Operating System: Windows 10

Weather Blues gauges not working

Post by G6GUH »

Hi,
I am trying to setup Weather Blues 2.2, it is partly working but I cannot get the gauges working, no movement on the four outer gauges. The two real-time work on my lap top but not on the iPad,I am hoping some thing is in the wrong location and is simple to sort out.

Raspberry pi and CumulusMX v3050.

http://www.cardingmillweather.co.uk/Wea ... gauges.php

Thanks Pete
Big Daddy
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003 (GW1000)
Operating System: Raspbian 10 (Buster) / Mono 6.12

Re: Weather Blues gauges not working

Post by Big Daddy »

Hi Pete,
I think the WB2 templates are designed around the original Cumulus and not for Cumulus MX. Certainlky the graphs / trends do not work as these were images created in Cumulus whereas now they are json files which need Highcharts to run.

As for the gauges it may be a similar issue. I will try set up WB2 using MX on my test server and let you know.

An alternative and the one a lot of people use is Mark Crossleys Steel Series gauges. There is a section dedicated to them here on the forum and always lots of people to help you out.

Andy
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Big Daddy is correct this template was designed around Cumulus 1 which produced the dials and graphs on the Gauges page as images. Cumulus MX does not do this but the middle two gauges work because they use the realtime file.

You either have to switch to Cumulus 1 which only runs on Windows computers or completely redesign this page to work from Cumulus MX data streams.
David
G6GUH
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Pro

Post by G6GUH »

Thanks for the replies,I will give that one a miss, it’s a shame as it worked well on the original version. I will look at other templates and see if I can find one I like.

Thanks Pete
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

I have actually started working on a version of WB2 which incorporates Mark Crossleys SS gauges and creates trend graphs using highstock. Its still in its infancy, the basic are there but just need to make some adjustments. You can get a flavour here http://www.midlifedad.me.uk/WB2_MX Click on the Gauges or Trend tabs at the top. This is actually taking a live feed from my Weather Station via Cumulus running on a Raspberry Pi 3.

It also incorporates Jacques (Weather By You) day / night foreast icons and also some moon phase images I created, a different image for each moon phase / visible percentage as Cumulus MX no longer creates a .bmp image for the moon phase.

I am not the quickest so give me a bit of time and I will let you know how its going.

Andy
KitKat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080
Operating System: Pi2 PiB Raspbian,Windows 10

Post by KitKat »

Like the modified site very much
Could you send me the code and instructions

I am using weather blues and would love to have the charts working MX on a pi2 mod B
Www.weather.shepherd.me

Many Thanks
Paul
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Hi Paul,
Sure. Give me a couple of days to put something together in terms of instructions. I may also may need to make some changes to make it a standard installation rather than using data on how my site is set up.

I will come back to you shortly.

Andy
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Paul,
Does your weather station support solar readings. I have 2 templates, one that shows solar graphs / gauges as on my website and one that doesnt. It just makes it tider and then you dont have gauges / graphs reporting nothing.

Andy
KitKat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080
Operating System: Pi2 PiB Raspbian,Windows 10

Post by KitKat »

Hi Andy I have a fine offset which has been going fir 6 years with spares from China the latest was a wind speed anemometer so I don’t have solar at the moment, many thanks for the reply I am sure others could use your template . Paul
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Hi Paul,
I took a look at your site. It doesnt appear to be running the Weather Blues 2 template. I dont know if you are still sending standard web files from your Cumulus configuration which would cause a clash in file names. Not to worry, lets try and get you running the MX version of WB2.

I am unable to attach the files as they exceed the limits here in the forum but I will PM you a link and some instructions how to get them.There is a Word document in the zip folder giving some instructions. As I say in the document, dont be offended, but I have taken a very simplistic view to try an make things easy, especially not knowing your "skill level".

It should be self explanatory but please shout out or Private Message me and we will work it out together to get there. I'm not an expert in any way shape or form but can pass on what I have learnt over the last few years.

Likewise I have a Maplin (FineOffset) weather station which I have kept running for years but with the parts being more diffiult to find and advances in technology, getting parts for these older weather stations is near impossible these days. So much so that as my anenometer and wind vane have packed up again and my screen is dead I am treating myself to some of the new Ecowitt weather station bits and pieces. Have a GW1003 on order but likewise they are not available in the UK yet so its being shipped from China or Hong Kong. Thankfully the team here at Cumulus have written new code to support the Ecowitt stations so all will be bright and cheery in 4 - 5 weeks when it arrives. Delays due to Corona Virus.

Let me know if you need any help.

Andy
pocasicisarov
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2

Post by pocasicisarov »

Hi Big Daddy,

I looked on your website and I must say, that it looks great. I also use Weather Blues Templates, you can check it here: http://pocasicisarov.cz/
Unfortunately I'm still using the old version of Cumulus. I must admit that I was trying to upgrade to a new version of the program Cumulus MX, but it is really hard for me. If you were willing to provide me instructions on how to upgrade, I would be grateful. Of course I will understand if not, it must have been challenging. I apologize for my English. :roll:
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Hi,
To upgrade from Cumulus1 to CumulusMX there is plenty of help in the forum. Thats the first stage to get that working. Sorry I am not an expert. If you use a Raspberry PI there is an axcellent new way of setting that up. Look at the notes in the latest release.

I have a WB2 template for MX. Please take a look at http://midlifedad.me.uk/WB2_MX/index.php

I will go back and look at this as some things have changed somewhere and my formatting has gone a bit funny but will try and resolve it this week and give you a link to download.

Andy
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

There is also a very good article in the wiki about setting up MX https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Cumulus_MX
David
Kjeldstroem
Weather Station: Davids Vantage Vue 6357OV

Post by Kjeldstroem »

Hej Andy and evt. other members
I am writing to you in hope, that you have a copy of the php templates ‘gauges and trends’ for Weather Blues v.2.2, I have been struggeling with both, but my php nowledge is = 0. If you can and will send them to me, i will send you my mailadresse.
Have a good day. kjeldstroem
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi, and see your PM

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php