Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

cumuluswebtags.php file get messed up

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Trainman
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

cumuluswebtags.php file get messed up

Post by Trainman »

Hi I have been running Cumulus ver.1.9.4 for several years and have now decided it's time to move on to Cumulus MX. I have downloaded the latest version and I believe I have done what I should, according to the wiki and the faq. Cumulus is running nicely on my PC, and uploading, to various sites like wunderground, is working fine. Uploading realtime.txt is ok and working.
But the cumuluswebtags.php files are putting my site down. I have downloaded the cumuluswebtag file from my site, and I can see, that it is, in some way corrupted. In some tags, qoutes are missing.
I can figure out, that something is going wrong in the processing from cumuluswebtags.txt to cumuluswebtags.php, but what?

I am using the ini-files from Cumulus ver.1.. and have changed decimal commas in to periods.

I have search the forum, but have not found an answer.
I have uploaded a screenshot of the file opened in dreamweaver..

I have returned to ver. 1.9.4 until I have sorted this out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: cumuluswebtags.php file get messed up

Post by water01 »

You need to read the first post in the Cumulus MX announcement viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12908 and amend you tags file accourdingly.

A lot of the month, day, hour and other tag formatters changed in Cumulus MX to upper case from lower case and vice versa and some were completely different. These are all documented at the bottom of the first post in a table. I believe they are also documented in the Wiki https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/Main_Page
David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Your tag file is assuming that most of the decimal values are numeric, but your locale is using a comma for decimals. That will not work for PHP or JavaScript, they require dot decimals.

Have you changed your locale decimal format?

If you want to use comma decimals then you will have to quote all decimal values to turn them into strings... And hope your scripts do not use them in calculations!
Trainman
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Trainman »

mcrossley wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 7:32 pm Your tag file is assuming that most of the decimal values are numeric, but your locale is using a comma for decimals. That will not work for PHP or JavaScript, they require dot decimals.

Have you changed your locale decimal format?

If you want to use comma decimals then you will have to quote all decimal values to turn them into strings... And hope your scripts do not use them in calculations!

Thanks for trying to point me in the rigtht direction.
English is not my native language, so reading texts with a lot of technically English terms and understanding what is read is not easy.
I am doing calculations in my scripts, so your solution won't work. I think I will stick with cumulus 1.and see what happens in the year 2020.
Thanks again
Kind regards