Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

FTP Error Code 10060

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Marny
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

FTP Error Code 10060

Post by Marny »

I recently transferred Cumulus version 1.9.4 to a new PC running Windows 10. Whilst it appears everything was moved across successfully and is working - http://www.nwm1.co.uk - I've noticed quite a number of the same error code - FTP Connect Error code 10060. Has anyone come across this same issue?

I should add that as part of the transfer and setup on the new PC I'm using a Brainboxes USB to serial convertor. The original output from the Davis Pro console is fitted with a serial port connection. I'm unsure if the introduction of the USB to serial convertor is a cause of the ftp error.

Many thanks, Neil
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: FTP Error Code 10060

Post by freddie »

10060 is a timeout error code, so your PC is having difficulty passing data to the server via FTP. It must be intermittent, as I just looked at your site and it looks up-to-date. So it looks like an intermittent network problem.

I doubt that the usb-to-serial converter is the culprit. Note that you would've already had a usb-to-serial driver installed when you first set up your weather station. It is from Silicon labs, and is the CP210x UART bridge. See https://www.silabs.com/products/develop ... cp-drivers
Freddie
Marny

Post by Marny »

Hi Freddie,

Many thanks for your comments. Its a strange one to me, but in light of the fact my site is updating correctly, then I'll just keep a watch on it.
I'm wondering if when I've restored the Cumulus files from my backup disc to the new pc that I've made mistake!! The error logs states Cumulus is trying to connect when in fact its connected is the puzzling part.

Just one other thing, In the move to my new PC I've noticed I've lost my SteelSeries gauges. These had been working fine on the old setup. Do you think Cumulus could be looking for data associated with these?

Again, thank you for your help.
Kind regards, Neil
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Just one other thing, In the move to my new PC I've noticed I've lost my SteelSeries gauges. These had been working fine on the old setup. Do you think Cumulus could be looking for data associated with these?
Perhaps you have found and fixed the problem as they seem to be working now http://nwm1.co.uk/gauges-ss.htm
and also updating http://nwm1.co.uk/realtimegauges.txt

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Marny wrote: Mon 18 Mar 2019 3:38 pmThe error logs states Cumulus is trying to connect when in fact its connected is the puzzling part.
This is because the connection has been made, but files can't be sent/retrieved at that moment. The 10060 error is a timeout error not a connection error, so maybe the error message is a bit misleading.
Marny wrote: Mon 18 Mar 2019 3:38 pmJust one other thing, In the move to my new PC I've noticed I've lost my SteelSeries gauges. These had been working fine on the old setup.
SteelSeries gauges are generated from the realtimegauges.txt file. Possibly that file isn't being sent. You should double-check that this file is being sent to your web server.
Freddie
Marny

Post by Marny »

PaulMy wrote: Mon 18 Mar 2019 4:06 pm
Perhaps you have found and fixed the problem as they seem to be working now http://nwm1.co.uk/gauges-ss.htm
and also updating http://nwm1.co.uk/realtimegauges.txt

Enjoy,
Paul

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.
Marny

Post by Marny »

freddie wrote: Mon 18 Mar 2019 4:08 pm
Marny wrote: Mon 18 Mar 2019 3:38 pmThe error logs states Cumulus is trying to connect when in fact its connected is the puzzling part.
This is because the connection has been made, but files can't be sent/retrieved at that moment. The 10060 error is a timeout error not a connection error, so maybe the error message is a bit misleading.
Marny wrote: Mon 18 Mar 2019 3:38 pmJust one other thing, In the move to my new PC I've noticed I've lost my SteelSeries gauges. These had been working fine on the old setup.
SteelSeries gauges are generated from the realtimegauges.txt file. Possibly that file isn't being sent. You should double-check that this file is being sent to your web server.
Freddie, thank you. I feel you are correct about the realtimegauges.txt file perhaps isn't being sent. I'll need to look at it later when I've more time. Appreciate your support and that of PaulMy.

Kind regards, Neil