Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus MX Fail

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

KC0WNY
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro II
Operating System: Windows 8 Pro

Cumulus MX Fail

Post by KC0WNY »

Not being the sharpest tack in the box: I am getting the following Message when trying to run Cumulus MX on my Windows 10 pro computer: Thank You
Current culture: English (United States)
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3048
Today.ini = data\today.ini
Last update=3/10/2019 12:15:00 AM
Unable to connect to station
Cumulus running at: http://*:8998/
(Replace * with any IP address on this machine, or localhost)
Amateur Radio Operators:
KC0WNY and KD0ACN Ted and Kay
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Cumulus MX Fail

Post by freddie »

It looks as if MX can't connect to your weather station. If you open a browser tab and go to http://127.0.0.1:8998/ this will bring up the web gui with the settings page for your weather station. If you and your browser are not on the computer that MX is running on then you will need to replace 127.0.0.1 with the IP address of the computer that MX is running on.
Freddie
KC0WNY

Post by KC0WNY »

Got error message stating cannot connect to 127.0.01:8998 Connection refused.
I might add I am currently using the v1.9.4 version of Cumulus, that runs on port 9, that works great, but since support is not longer available for it, I thought I would try the MX Version. I have the Serial Version of the Davis Advantage Pro II. I can't configure the MX Version because I can't open it, and I copied my Cumulus.ini to the Cumulusmx folder. Thank You
Amateur Radio Operators:
mimo57
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by mimo57 »

Hello,
did you follow the Cumulus 1> CumulusMX migration procedure? https://is.gd/yaWxLJ
ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

Post by ExperiMentor »

KC0WNY wrote: Mon 11 Mar 2019 3:53 am Got error message stating cannot connect to 127.0.01:8998 Connection refused.
I might add I am currently using the v1.9.4 version of Cumulus, that runs on port 9, that works great, but since support is not longer available for it, I thought I would try the MX Version. I have the Serial Version of the Davis Advantage Pro II. I can't configure the MX Version because I can't open it, and I copied my Cumulus.ini to the Cumulusmx folder. Thank You
Two ideas:
1 Have you followed the instructions to make CumulusMX use the port 9 as previously instead of the default 8998?
2. Are you running CumulusMX as Administrator as described here:

Running Cumulus MX:

Cumulus MX needs to run as an administrator on Windows and under Superuser (root) on Linux and OS X. Make sure your station is connected to the device on which you have installed Cumulus MX, before you try to run Cumulus MX.

Windows:
Either right click on CumulusMX.exe and click 'Run as administrator', or open an administrator command prompt (right click on Command Prompt and click 'Run as administrator'), change to the Cumulus MX directory, and then type CumulusMX and enter. You will probably need to accept a security prompt the first time you run it, to allow it act as a web server. You can avoid having to run it as an administrator by running the following command once from an administrator command window:
CODE: SELECT ALL
netsh http add urlacl url=http://*:8998/ user=\users
This command allows all users to bind to port 8998 (used for the Cumulus interface). Note that if you change the interface port as described below, you should change the 8998 to whatever port you are using. Note that while this allows Cumulus MX to run and act as a web server, there may be other operations which require it to run as an administrator
KC0WNY

Post by KC0WNY »

Thanks for the reply: I will review # 1 Yes to #2
Amateur Radio Operators: