Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Looking for Fire Danger script

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Looking for Fire Danger script

Post by aznetcowboy »

With the way things are here in Arizona again this year with all the wild fires, I'd like to include a Fire Danger script into my webpage. However, the only ones I find are all on WD systems. Are there any out there that are written to use with the Base-USA (with the CU-plugin) Saratoga systems?
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us
SpaceWalker
Weather Station: Davis Vantage
Operating System: Windows XP

Re: Looking for Fire Danger script

Post by SpaceWalker »

Unfortunately, you will have to write your own page (or script).

In order to have the needed data, you will have to download and run the FWI Calc from SoftRock Enterprises - FWI Calc is a small Windows application that allows Fire Danger Indices (FWI) to be calculated from data obtained from a personal weather station software.
R_o_B
There are no Time and Movement if there is no Space.
There are no Movement and Space without Time.
There are no Space and Time without Movement.
But if one of the three exists also the other two exist.
aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

SpaceWalker wrote:Unfortunately, you will have to write your own page (or script).

In order to have the needed data, you will have to download and run the FWI Calc from SoftRock Enterprises - FWI Calc is a small Windows application that allows Fire Danger Indices (FWI) to be calculated from data obtained from a personal weather station software.
Okay, I have that installed on my PC. I'm just having trouble setting it up. The problem here is that I live in the northern Sonoran Desert which doesn't fit any of their options. Nearby in the mountains are forest lands, but in other areas there are grasslands, but mostly scrub brush and cacti sparsely populate the landscape. I guess I will be asking quite a few questions before getting this set up. :roll:

Tom
Tom Wills
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

FWI generates an HTML table page for you. All you have to do yourself - if you want it to appear inside a regular Saratoga template page - is to load it via a modified Saratoga template 'wxsample.php' page.

Code: Select all

<?php
include("wxfwitable1.htm");
?>
(or whatever you call the standard FWI table - configure that in FWI 'Web Files').
For anything more than the standard table FWI generates, add to the modified Saratoga template 'wxsample.php' page.

If you check out the table, you will see the three columns FF DC, SF DC & GF DC are separate values and so are each separately calculated. The FWI 'FWI Setup' settings screen allows you to modify the behaviour of each of the three categories to suit your local conditions. The FWI DC and CBI DC are calculated from these.
aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

BCJKiwi wrote:FWI generates an HTML table page for you. All you have to do yourself - if you want it to appear inside a regular Saratoga template page - is to load it via a modified Saratoga template 'wxsample.php' page.

Code: Select all

<?php
include("wxfwitable1.htm");
?>
(or whatever you call the standard FWI table - configure that in FWI 'Web Files').
For anything more than the standard table FWI generates, add to the modified Saratoga template 'wxsample.php' page.

If you check out the table, you will see the three columns FF DC, SF DC & GF DC are separate values and so are each separately calculated. The FWI 'FWI Setup' settings screen allows you to modify the behaviour of each of the three categories to suit your local conditions. The FWI DC and CBI DC are calculated from these.
I have it generating a file called fwiweb.xml, but I don't see anything like a html file or a sample template. The only files I see in the FWI folder(besides a Help folder) are:
  • bup_fwi.bak
  • chart.dat
  • config.xml
  • config.xml.bak
  • default.fwi
  • ftplogfwi.txt
  • FWI.error.log
  • FWI.exe
  • fwidat.dll
  • fwimath.dll
  • FWIupdate.exe
  • FWIweb.xml
  • license.rtf
  • parse.dat
  • print.dat
  • readme.txt
  • title.dat
So where am I now? There is no html or php file. :?:
Tom Wills
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

In FWI, check out the help / web options / HTML Table setup.

It's a couple of years since I set all this up and it was a bit of a learning curve. So I'm a bit rusty on the details of getting it all going but I did manage it from the installed program, the help and the additional info on the FWI website.
aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

BCJKiwi wrote:In FWI, check out the help / web options / HTML Table setup.

It's a couple of years since I set all this up and it was a bit of a learning curve. So I'm a bit rusty on the details of getting it all going but I did manage it from the installed program, the help and the additional info on the FWI website.
I am a little late on saying I have the FWI Calc up and running on my system. Thanks to those who were assisting, I appreciate your assistance, very much! :clap:
Tom Wills
aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

After years of using the FWI Calc fire danger script, it is time to go to something else. FWI Calc has not had any support for a really long time. Now that I am having issues with it I think it is time to replace it with something else. Is there any other Fire Danger software/script available that can be used with the Saratoga templates? :?
Tom Wills
pernaczy
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH 2080, TFA Spring
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by pernaczy »

Here is the whole story of "Smokey bear forecaster": viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9976&hilit=bear .
The day when I have learned something is not the lost one.
Ignorance can be corrected with the help of a book. Stupidity requires a shotgun and a shovel.

aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

Now that I have the fire danger script working okay, you can check out the Smokey Bear link in my Fire Danger link on my webpage at http://elgheko.us/wxdanger.php.
Tom Wills