Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

installing Steel Gauges v 2.7.3

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Re: installing Steel Gauges v 2.7.3

Post by ConligWX »

When I used CumulusMX and updated from the default SSG to any of the newer SSG versions the only file I always checked was the gauges.js file which has most of the settings in it.

/lib/steelseries/scripts/gauges.js.

if you compare the default file with the newer one you'll probably see the image path or something in the first part of the settings is different.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

falkunmalti
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 10, Raspberry pi

Post by falkunmalti »

PaulMy

My CMX build is 3046. My URL is www.laferla.ca/weather. The old ss gauges work well so realtimegauges.txt is in the right place as is gauges.htm but the 2.7.3 gauges-ss.htm does not get created and I don't know why. I am going to stay with the old gauges unless somehow I find the solution. :(
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I'm a bit confused I think. Are you saying that you are upgrading the gauges on the Admin pages? (If so, why?)
The gauges are designed to used on your website, and the instructions reflect that.
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Hi Mark

Let me explain. I have CumulusMX version 3046 installed on my Raspberrry pi and it has been working well for some time. Recently I wanted to set up the website, I did that and that is what I have now at www.laferla.ca/weather using the built-in version 2.5.5 gauges. Then I downloaded steelgauges 2.7.3 to upgrade the gauges to that version. My gauges still work and my website uses gauges.htm to display the gauges. Following the wiki instructions, I did the 2.7.3 install process. However the gauges-ss.htm file does not get created so I cannot "upgrade" to the 2.7.3 gauges because the gauges-ss.htm file does not appear on my website, so I am still using the gauges.htm file.

Does that clarify my issue? Thanks.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

OK, yes that's clear now :lol:

So, the only reason to get Cumulus to upload the page is to replace the few tags in there with some text relevant to your site. That only has to be done once.

If you are having problems getting Cumulus to do that, then...
1. Rename the gaugesT.htm file in the web folder to gaugesT.htm.ORIG say
2. Copy gauges-ssT.htm file to the web folder
3. Rename gauges-ssT.htm to gaugesT.htm.

However the processing/upload of the gauges page only has to be done once, after it is on you site you *could* rename the template again to prevent further uploads.
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Thanks Mark, all good now.