Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

installing Steel Gauges v 2.7.3

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

G6GUH
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Pro
Operating System: Windows 10

installing Steel Gauges v 2.7.3

Post by G6GUH »

Hi, I am trying to install steel gauges 2.7.3 but cannot get them to work !

Using a raspberry Pi 3 running CumulusMX v3046, I have followed the instructions in the readme file, am I right in thinking that the realtimegaugesT.txt is the one already enabled on the ftp settings ? Cumulus will not show any updated version of the gauges even when the cache has been cleared, so I presume I am doing something wrong again.

Any advice please

Pete

www.cardingmillweather.co.uk/
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: installing Steel Gauges v 2.7.3

Post by freddie »

Have you copied across all required Javascript and CSS files to your web server?
Freddie
G6GUH

Post by G6GUH »

Thanks for the reply Freddy, I think I have unless I am missing the obvious, I will leave it today and have another go tomorrow. Before we moved house a couple of years ago I had the earlier version working fine with early Cumulus, so I hope I have missed something out. I have followed the ReadMe.txt contained within the download so hope I have got it right.

Regards Pete
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I was writing to ask if the v2.5.5 default with CumulusMX worked and you wanted to upgrade to v2.7.3, and see you now have the default gauges and the trends working.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

G6GUH

Post by G6GUH »

No I never have had a previous version of 2.2 working, I suspect that I have missed something vital out.
I will reinstall it tomorrow hand see what happens then.

Regards Pete
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

I will reinstall it tomorrow hand see what happens then.

Regards Pete
This was not working yesterday but seems to be working today http://www.cardingmillweather.co.uk/gauges.htm and seems current
Do you want something different?

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

falkunmalti
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 10, Raspberry pi

Post by falkunmalti »

Hi

I am also having problems with this. I followed the wiki and readme file but for some reason the gauges-ss.htm file does not get created in my cumulus /web folder and hence there is no gauges-ss.htm file on the website. The gauges-ssT file is in my cumulus /web folder. I have copied the css and scripts folders to the website. I can't see what I am doing wrong.

A related question. The wiki says to copy the realtimegaugesT file to my cumulus web folder. There is also a realtimegaugesTMX. Since I am running CumulusMX is this the file I should be using. On my website it looks like the xxxTMX file is being used judging from the timestamp.

Thanks.
G6GUH

Post by G6GUH »

The steel gauges showing now are the ones supplied as default with CumulusMX, I just want to update the version and to change the appearance at the same time. I am not convinced that I have got the extra web files set up to indicate the location in the raspberry pi directory. I have also set up the moon phase icon as well, will have to wait to see if that changes as the percentage changes.

Thanks for the advice, I hope to get to the bottom of the problem soon. In the meantime I will have to be patient.

Regards Pete
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

The Steelseries gauges stand alone ss-gauges used with Cumulus 1 required the realtimegaugesT.txt to be added to the \Cumulus\web folder and then added as an extra file to be processed and FTP by Cumulus. I haven't checked but presumably v.2.7.3 is the latest ss-gauges version.

When Steve added ss-gauges to CumulusMX he used v.2.5.5 I think and had realtimegaugesT.txt being processed with the other Cumulus standard webpage files. The CumulusMX \webfiles content to be uploaded with a new install includes the necessary supporting files for the ss-gauges.

There may be a difference in the realtimegaugesT file for Cumulus 1 ss-gauges and realtimegaugesT file for CumulusMX (and initially Steve may have used realtimegaugesMXT to differentiate but can't recall to be sure). In the current CumulusMX build the file is realtimegaugesT.txt and it is in the CumulusMX\web folder by default. So nothing to be added or modified for using the ss-gauges in the Dashboard or uploading to the standard Cumulus website.

How to update the CumulusMX ss-gauges version and if a different realtimegauges files need to be used is better answered by Mark who is the ss-gauges developer and the current CumulusMX master ;)

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

G6GUH

Post by G6GUH »

Thanks Paul, I will try disabling the Internal Cumulus file and use the one from the update.

Pete
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

I have doublechecked everything and everything seems to work except for gauges-ss.htm not being created in cumulus /web folder. Maybe I will leave things at version 2.5.5 although I know that I followed everything in the wiki. I have gauges-ssT.htm in my cumulus web folder but it does not create a gauges-ss.htm.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

I have gauges-ssT.htm in my cumulus web folder but it does not create a gauges-ss.htm.
gauges-ss.htm shouldn't exist in your web folder just on your web site. If you have set it up correctly you have to add an additional file transfer via FTP to the files tab, that processes gauges-ssT.htm, uploads it and renames it gauges-ss.htm on your website.
David
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

David

I have looked at the wiki and cannot find anywhere it says to add another file transfer. Could you kindly be more specific and tell me which file it is. FYI, I am using CumulusMX and a lot of the wiki refers to cumulus 1. And what is the 'files tab"? Thanks in advance.
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

What build of CumulusMX? What is your URL?

For Cumulus 1 the ss-gauges required some additional adding for processing and upload as per WiKi.
For CumulusMX which basically has ss-gauges built-in all you would need to do is -
In Settings, Internet, expand Web/FTP settings, go down to Realtimegauges.txt FTP and check it to enable.
The realtimegaugesT.txt should already reside in your \CumulusMX\web folder for CumulusMX processing and uploading when you have it enabled in settings.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

falkunmalti wrote: Tue 05 Feb 2019 1:22 pm David

I have looked at the wiki and cannot find anywhere it says to add another file transfer. Could you kindly be more specific and tell me which file it is. FYI, I am using CumulusMX and a lot of the wiki refers to cumulus 1. And what is the 'files tab"? Thanks in advance.
Ignore me, I forgot that the later versions of Cumulus MX swapped to the SteelSeries as standard!!

I think, however you need to be careful and stick with the version in the release i.e. build 3047 as I believe the files have been modified from the standard SteelSeries release (2.7.3) used by Cumulus 1 users.

The File are I was talking about for additional upload files is in the Settings menu under "Extra Web Files".
David