Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

JSON Error

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

JandJCoops
Weather Station: WS3083
Operating System: Windows 7

JSON Error

Post by JandJCoops »

Hello again - I've recently installed CumulusMX and I am getting the error table id=dataid - Invalid JSON response. I've searched the boards and found Steve's reply to someone who had the same error and Steve thought at the time that it was because the dayfile was empty. My dayfile isn't empty.

I then went to the website as directed in the error message http://datatables.net/tn/1 but it seems to only show how to alter the script using Chrome on an Apple, neither of which I have now. Is there another way I could correct it please?

By the way Alleycat, the new Sun Pod you suggested I buy works beautifully. Sunshine hours don't show on the graph yet but it doesn't really matter at the moment as it is snowing, a lot.

Any help would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: JSON Error

Post by mcrossley »

You could launch the dev tools (F12) and look at the response in the network tab? The contents of that may give us a clue.
JandJCoops

Post by JandJCoops »

Thanks for this. I launched, see attached. I strongly suspected McAfee as being protective so I ended the processes of 3 of the 4 McAfee .exes but as soon as I try to end uihost.exe McAfeeWebAdvisor it pops right back up again and when you run MX again I get the same error.

By the way, how can I donate please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Yep, looks like McAfee is being over zealous - can't help with that I'm afraid. Though if you cannot disable it (or set an exception) from the user interface, then setting the service to disabled and rebooting may work?
JandJCoops

Post by JandJCoops »

Hello Mark,

I'd like to ask again, how can I donate to you guys?

I've been unable to disable McAfee; I can stop all the services but one which disappears for one second but then pops back. It is the Module Core Service. I've got McAfee until September so I will just live without the dayfile, a shame but not deal breaking.

Thanks for your help

Jen
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Though you mainly see me making updates to Cumulus MX at the moment, someone else is beavering away at it behind the scenes, however we will not see the fruits of that work for a while. What I am saying is that MX is now open source and a (small - very small at the moment :lol: ) community effort, so it wouldn't feel right any one person accepting donations.

If you ever set my SS gauges up on your web site and want to contribute to those, then there is a donation link at the top of the SS gauges thread.
JandJCoops

Post by JandJCoops »

OK. Best of luck with everything you're doing :clap: .