Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

SQL issues with cumulus.hosiene.co.uk

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

SQL issues with cumulus.hosiene.co.uk

Post by ConligWX »

first thing this morning I tried to connect to cumulus.hosiene.co.uk and got the following error:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

No route to host [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
About 5 minutes ago I got the same issue. if this intended working that is being carried out to the site, or this this an issue with the server Freddie?
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: SQL issues with cumulus.hosiene.co.uk

Post by freddie »

ConligWX wrote: Thu 08 Nov 2018 2:56 pm first thing this morning I tried to connect to cumulus.hosiene.co.uk and got the following error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

No route to host [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
About 5 minutes ago I got the same issue. if this intended working that is being carried out to the site, or this this an issue with the server Freddie?
It's a known issue - see this post - bullet point 5. I do believe I know what is responsible, and will fix at the weekend. Apologies for inconvenience. The condition is very intermittent, so has been difficult to track down.
Freddie
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

Thanks for the update Freddie and your continued work on getting the forums up and running.

On another note.... not sure if you had upgraded the forum software yet but had mentioned this to steve as it was running 3.1.x which is now end of life.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

freddie

Post by freddie »

ConligWX wrote: Thu 08 Nov 2018 3:23 pmnot sure if you had upgraded the forum software yet but had mentioned this to steve as it was running 3.1.x which is now end of life.
Yes, I used a fresh install of the up-to-date forum software, and just migrated the database from Steve's server.
Freddie
freddie

Post by freddie »

freddie wrote: Thu 08 Nov 2018 3:06 pm
ConligWX wrote: Thu 08 Nov 2018 2:56 pm first thing this morning I tried to connect to cumulus.hosiene.co.uk and got the following error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

No route to host [2002]

It's a known issue - see this post - bullet point 5. I do believe I know what is responsible, and will fix at the weekend. Apologies for inconvenience. The condition is very intermittent, so has been difficult to track down.
I believe that I have now fixed this issue. If anybody experiences a SQL timeout error (particularly the "no route to host" one) then I would love to be informed - and a date/time of the occurrence included too. Please reply with such reports to this topic.
Freddie