Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Communication problem or something more?

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

oh6hps
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: RaspberryPi 2

Communication problem or something more?

Post by oh6hps »

Problem:

Cumulus MX freezes after running about 1h or so. My set up worked many months without any major issues until last Thursday. Nothing has changed with my setup prior problems. The temperature outside is quite high now (31°C) and it might affect to my Raspberry which is located in the attic.

Setup:

Davis VP2 + IPLogger (latest fw´s) -->Meteobridge --> Raspberry Pi 2 (mono 4.0.5) Cumulus MX v3.0.0 (3043).

Any suggestions where to start finding the problem. Maybe the attached debug log tells something to you gurus. ;)

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Communication problem or something more?

Post by steve »

Looks like some kind of communication issue, data stops arriving from the console. That's all you can tell from the Cumulus log.
Steve
oh6hps

Post by oh6hps »

Thanks for the prompt reply, Steve. Yes, I think so too. A root cause may be the heat as we talk about Raspberry. My first guess was the memory card, but not anymore. We`ll see if upcoming night helps with the heat. Can you believe, heat issues in Finnish summer... :D
oh6hps

Post by oh6hps »

I restarted the console before midnight and everything seems to be ok since then. Fingers crossed...
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Post by BigOkie »

Something similar I created when I was having problems with a randomly disconnecting USB hub can be found in this post Using the RPI it will search certain generated files for keywords that will trigger an automatic reboot should the need arise.
oh6hps

Post by oh6hps »

Thanks, i’ll put it on my reading list!