Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

pre made raspberry pi - Cumulus mx img

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

markkkk42
Weather Station: weatherduino
Operating System: Linux

Re: pre made raspberry pi - Cumulus mx img

Post by markkkk42 »

I am in the same boat..not enough discussions here to be able to PM..can you pm me please. Does your image allow headless booting?..I am struggling to get it working now. managed to get the Pi 3 actually working but I have to manually boot it when I want to stop and start. I also have another issue when i am looking at Cumulus on my network on port 8998 it shows for about 45 sec then drops out and I have to reload...is that some setting I have wrong?
markkkk42
Weather Station: weatherduino
Operating System: Linux

Post by markkkk42 »

I saw the post about the different versions of mono. I am running at the moment on this station FO sensors but have some Inspeed sensors soon to be on another station. I run a Weatherduino pro2Plus as the interface and that comes up as a Davis VP2 and seems to be working fine just that it keeps dropping the local lan output
ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

Post by ExperiMentor »

Dazza kindly sent me a copy of his image, but I could not get it to work. He’s tried to add some helpful things, but means it ends up with a non-standard Raspberry Pi operating system which makes problems hard to work out.
I gave up on it.
dazza1223
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
Operating System: Raspberry pi 4 (4gb)

Post by dazza1223 »

Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: Windows 7; Linux
Postby ExperiMentor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:13 pm

Dazza kindly sent me a copy of his image, but I could not get it to work. He’s tried to add some helpful things, but means it ends up with a non-standard Raspberry Pi operating system which makes problems hard to work out.
I gave up on it.

what dint you get to work mono???
Have fun and keep learning

dazza :D

https://www.davisworthing.co.uk

DanielLBowles1
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 10 Various

Post by DanielLBowles1 »

dazza1223

Like others I am too new and unable to DM would you be able to send me the link for the pre built image?

-Daniel
harrym1byt
Weather Station: WH 1081 (EasyWeather type)
Operating System: Win10

Post by harrym1byt »

I have a Pi 3 B+ ordered and I too would appreciate a copy of the image please dazza or dazza1223.
dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

hi you can call me dazza if u want!!! and im going to get the pi 3b+ soon.. what do u want jessie /STRETCH but ive upgrade this but it not good so ive gone back up two jessie

radilly
Weather Station: Ambient WS-2080
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 3, OS Buster Lite

Post by radilly »

I'm trying to find a version of mono to use with Stretch Lite. So far I've not found one that will find my usb-connected fine offset PWS when I start CumulusMX.

I've done a number of installs of a clean Stretch and considered imaging the sd card without mono so I could easily get back to that point. Alternatively I've started making notes to write a bash script to handle most of the configuration on top of a clean Stretch. Anyone consider that approach? For this sort of thing I typically make notes and comment out blocks of lines as I try different things, much as I see in config files commonly.

Seems like an alternative that might allow a little more flexibility? (In my case, with a fine offset station, it seems the newer version of mono definately won't work.)

Cheers,
Bob
Cheers,
Bob
dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

hi bob i did upgrade on my pi it got php 7.0 and it was giving me so much sh**t so i downgraded it back to jessie but i did make for ppl on her a pre made img with mono 4.0 but fine off set thay take 3.0 or somthink like that but if u give me so time i will make a img wirh mono 3.1 for the ones who got fine off set st :)