Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Any experience using VP2/IPLogger/Meteobridge/MX/WL.com?

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

oh6hps
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: RaspberryPi 2

Any experience using VP2/IPLogger/Meteobridge/MX/WL.com?

Post by oh6hps »

Before I make my decision to keep my Weatherlink Pro (on trial now) status, I´d like to know is there a good chances to get following setup work in theory?

My goal is to run Cumulus MX in parallel with Weatherlink.com account. Davis IPlogger / Meteobridge feeds Cumulus MX and I have set Meteobridge to release port 22222 every minute. I have also set Cumulus MX disconnect period to 20.

I'm able to upload data to WL.com, but I also get error messages "!!! loop2 data not received" in MXDiags log. Is it just a "price to pay" with my set up or is there any chance to tweak optimal settings? Or maybe those error messages are not that bad in a big picture. Weatherlink is not a must have for me, more like a "nice to have". It would be nice to hear comments from more experienced users. ;)
oh6hps

Re: Any experience using VP2/IPLogger/Meteobridge/MX/WL.com?

Post by oh6hps »

It seems to be no-go for me. It uploads just fine, but I started to get those rainfall spikes again. I think I have to forget weatherlink.com for now...
Herbaldew
Weather Station: VP2+
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit)

Post by Herbaldew »

I had this setup and could never get everything to work correctly.

Here is a Meteobridge forum entry where I asked for help: http://forum.meteohub.de/viewtopic.php? ... 107#p21107

Looking back at that post over a year later I notice that although the admin posted "works for all the other users. please check twice.", that no one who actually had this set up jumped in and confirmed that it "works". I checked w-a-y more than twice as well.

I finally gave up on the WLIP. I did like that there was a companion app but you are stuck with how Davis thinks it should be configured as there is no way to change anything.

I ended up using the VNC built into my rPi and the VNC app. I leave CmX running on the rPi and with a customized gauges page open in full screen in the built in Chromium browser - it blows away what you see with the WeatherLink app IMO. Along with seeing said gauges page at login, I am free to look at anything else CmX offers as well. This is just a replacement for the app though, not the page displayed on a browser at weatherlink.com.
oh6hps

Post by oh6hps »

Thank you for your reply Herbaldew. Actually I read the thread (and many others) you mentioned. I guess my issue has something to do between Meteobridge / Cumulus MX packets. LOOP2 in this case due to mandatory disconnect periods. We discussed about it https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16699 .

I'm not using Weatherlink software, just tried to upload data directly to Weatherlink.com. I also have TightVNC for remote desktop, but Cumulus MX uploads data to my own website. I just love Cumulus too much, not an option to change it for working Weatherlink.com setup. Of course, if someone has a silver bullet... :)