Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Database

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
courtil
Weather Station: Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11

Database

Post by courtil »

Hello everyone,

How to make loading the remote database with Cumulus files: File months (January, February ...) and dayfile.txt

I am using the remote site the contents of the database to format pages

Is there a software intended for it ??

Thank you for your information.

Best Regards

Michel said courtil
Station Météo : Vantage PRO2
Cumulus MX 3.14.2 b3169
CumulusUtils
http://meteo621.free.fr/
mm23
Weather Station: ws 2350
Operating System: windows xp sp3

Re: Database

Post by mm23 »

I use "Cumulus toolbox" to send data to the remote server. ..
On remote server there are three files (realtime, dayfile and monthly). For those files I have set up a cron job that, depending on the desired time interval, sends data in three (realtime, dayfile and monthly) tables in the database
courtil
Weather Station: Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by courtil »

Hello,

I installed Cumulus Toolbox.

it for backup files: cumulus.ini, dayfile .....

But not load files (realtime, dayfile, monthly) on database ??

Can you explain to me because my skills are weak !!!

Other Question:

I use "Highcharts" to draw my graphs, the script asks for a timestamp
to date the graphs.
what are the realm of possibility for the date field is dd / mm / yy

Thank you for your information

Best Regards

Michel said courtil
Station Météo : Vantage PRO2
Cumulus MX 3.14.2 b3169
CumulusUtils
http://meteo621.free.fr/
mm23

Post by mm23 »

It is easy when you know how to do it.... :D
Cumulus will not upload data on database.. Cumulus toolbox sends data in files on a remote server and from there a cron job upload data on data base ... It is how It's work in my case
Thus, database will load by data with the help, not from my friends :) , but with a help of cron Job which is set on a remote server and your host must be capable to do that…..

The answer to you first question is the following:
Cumulus toolbox got to set to upload your data file using the FTP protocol and is as follows:
Open Toolbox / File / setup / upload files (ftp) / add ..... and then just fill what you want / need
Local file name is the file on your PC which you want to upload, while the remote file name is the file on the server to which you want your file to upload.
As I understand in your case it would be three files
a) C / Cumulus / data / Dayfile
b) C / Cumulus / data / some monthfile
c) C / Cumulus / realtimelog.txt

This realtimelog text file will be form by Cumulus toolbox also because this file does not exist on Cumulus original configuration. You must do that by Cumulus toolbox also .... File / setup / realtime.txt ..... only fulfill what is required

Regarding your second question I am not sure whether I understood well but probably do not know the answer, but I think that in any case there is a solution ... for beginning I suppose that your data format is dd.mm.yyyy?
If you ask me your question is not precise enough...

Good luck!
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Have you taken a look at the import Cumlus script in the wiki?

It will put the Cumulus log files into MySQL, the import can be local via a cron job, or remote via a http call.
mm23

Post by mm23 »

mcrossley wrote:Have you taken a look at the import Cumlus script in the wiki?

It will put the Cumulus log files into MySQL, the import can be local via a cron job, or remote via a http call.
Exactly .... I forgot about this option. It is located in the Cumulus / File / setup / remote commands
hruska07
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by hruska07 »

mm23 wrote:I use "Cumulus toolbox" to send data to the remote server. ..
On remote server there are three files (realtime, dayfile and monthly). For those files I have set up a cron job that, depending on the desired time interval, sends data in three (realtime, dayfile and monthly) tables in the database

Hello, could anyone write me the syntax of the cron job for Cumulus files importing to MySQL, please? I would be glad. Thank you.
hruska07
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by hruska07 »

courtil wrote:Hello,

I installed Cumulus Toolbox.

it for backup files: cumulus.ini, dayfile .....

But not load files (realtime, dayfile, monthly) on database ??

Can you explain to me because my skills are weak !!!

Other Question:

I use "Highcharts" to draw my graphs, the script asks for a timestamp
to date the graphs.
what are the realm of possibility for the date field is dd / mm / yy

Thank you for your information

Best Regards

Michel said courtil
Hello, i have another question. Maybe, i annoy too much with my abstract question, but can anybody answer, if i have the dayfile.txt, it is only for import of the values for day or there is a chance to take for example average values for month and realtime instead of "full using". I mean, is there any possibility how to realize this idea with some script or not? Now, i am trying to figure out this solution and run MySQL under phpMyAdmin to represent the all data on a web page. I hope somebody will reply me. Thanks.
mm23

Post by mm23 »

hruska07 wrote:
mm23 wrote:I use "Cumulus toolbox" to send data to the remote server. ..

Hello, could anyone write me the syntax of the cron job for Cumulus files importing to MySQL, please? I would be glad. Thank you.
php –q
/yourhomedirectoryincpanel/public_html/yourwebpage.com/pathtoimportcumulusfile.php type=dayfile key=yourkey table=yourdayfiletableinphpmyadmin file=/ yourhomedirectoryincpanel /public_html/yourwebpage.com/pathtoyourdayfile.txt

php -q /yourhomedirectoryincpanel /public_html/ yourwebpage.com/pathtoimportcumulusfile.php type=realtime key=yourkey table=yourrealtimetableinphpmyadmin file= yourhomedirectoryincpanel /public_html/yourwebpage.com/pathtoyourrealtime.txt retainVal=2 retainUnit=day

php -q / yourhomedirectoryincpanel /public_html/yourwebpage.com/pathtoyourimportcumulusfile.php type=monthly key=yourkeytable=yourmonthlytableinphpmyadmin file=/ yourhomedirectoryincpanel /public_html/yourwebpage.com/pathtoyourmonthly.txt