Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

index.php?

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

bnwrx
Weather Station: Ambient WS2095 (Fine/Offset)
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

index.php?

Post by bnwrx »

2 days ago i began having an issue with my homepage, it would not display some scripts correctly. An Advisory and 2 forecast scripts from Ken True at Saratoga. These had worked for several years without any problems. I contacted Ken and he was kind enough to suggest renaming my index.htm file to index.php in order for the php scripts to work. That suggestion did work, temporarily. I thought renaming the index.htm file in the folder Cumulus/web was all I needed to do, but Cumulus would not process/upload that file. After lots of trial and error, my current solution is this....I am having Cumulus process the index.htm file as both a standard file and also an "extra file". The extra file goes to my remote file which is named index.php. Also, after a lot of searching for a fix, I found the "htaccess" file at my website, and inserted this rule...DirectoryIndex index.php index.html. After all of this, the homepage now displays correctly. It works, but I am not sure I understand why.....Why can't I just replace the indexT.htm with .php and in the the web folder and have Cumulus process it? It won't do that. Also, why all of a sudden did the scripts stop working when they had been fine for a long time.

As always, thanks in advance for thoughts and suggestions....
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Re: index.php?

Post by ConligWX »

Do you host your own website or if it hosted with someone like GoDaddy? perhaps the Apache or PHP versions have been updated and broke something?

without seeing the templates for index.htm and php, and knowing the website folder structure, we can only guess.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

bnwrx

Post by bnwrx »

Hosting is thru GreenGeeks....it is possible the host updated something that led to this. As I stated it worked fine for a long time, and I have not done anything at my end that changed anything.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

bnwrx wrote:Why can't I just replace the indexT.htm with .php and in the the web folder and have Cumulus process it?
Because Cumulus doesn't know anything about a file called indexT.php, it only knows about the files that are supplied with it. It can't just scan the web directory and automatically process every file in there, regardless of where they came from, because it would then have to start making assumptions about what to call the output file.
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

If you want to use index.php, then you will have to disable the Cumulus automatic web page processing and list all the files individually - you can call them whatever you want then.
bnwrx

Post by bnwrx »

Thank you for your replies....I'll leave it as is for now, its working.