Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WMR89

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
Penbwlch
Weather Station: Oregon WMR 200
Operating System: Windows 10

WMR89

Post by Penbwlch »

I tracked the last problem down to a defective WMR88 main unit so have bought a new WMR89 (apparently OS have stopped making the 88 and the 89 supersedes it).

Unfortunately, Cumulus does not seem to work with the new station. What could I be doing wrong, please? The batteries of the remote sensors all show green but nothing else is working.
laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Re: WMR89

Post by laulau »

Sorry but the WMR89 is in the list of the "unsupported devices" in the Wiki http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Supported_Devices (bottom of the page)
Laurent

Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

laulau wrote:Sorry but the WMR89 is in the list of the "unsupported devices" in the Wiki http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Supported_Devices (bottom of the page)
That is very disappointing as Cumulus was about the best weather software available. The OS software designed for this "professional" model is an absolute joke. I now have to find some decent software to support the 89. What a shame.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I was contacted by an Oregon Scientific distributor about the WMR89 a while ago, asking if I would support it. I told them it was impossible without at the very least access to the protocol. They said they would ask OS for it. I don't hold out much hope.
Steve
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

steve wrote:I was contacted by an Oregon Scientific distributor about the WMR89 a while ago, asking if I would support it. I told them it was impossible without at the very least access to the protocol. They said they would ask OS for it. I don't hold out much hope.
Thank you for that information. In the last couple of days I have done a lot of research, looking for some decent software that supports the WMR89. I have found the same thing everywhere. No software supports it due to OS not releasing the protocol.

I have now been left with no option. The OS software is useless for me. It does not store records and there is no support for a web site. I have now decided to contact the dealer tomorrow and ask them to exchange the WMR89 for a WMR200. Yes, it is more money but at least it should work and I would be able to continue using Cumulus (the best software there is as far as I am concerned). I think that OS will catch a cold with the WMR89 unless they either support weather software producers or produce their own weather software that is up to standard. After all, they have the cheek to call the WMR89 a "professional" weather station but link it with very amateurish software. For everyone's sake I hope they face up to the facts and correct the situation.
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

I have answered this problem by returning the WMR89 and buying, instead, the WMR200.

This worked instantly out of the box and I am now happy again.

However, I now have a problem with displaying the WMR200 data on my website, which is http://www.hneil.plus.com/now/index.htm

I did make a couple of text changes for this web page but none of the data is showing (just the code for that data). I'm sure I have done (or not done) something simple but the answer toyally escapes me. Can some kind person please point me in the right direction?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Looks like you've used an editor which has modified the Cumulus web tags, as in the first part of this FAQ - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#My_web ... 3E_in_them
Steve
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

steve wrote:Looks like you've used an editor which has modified the Cumulus web tags, as in the first part of this FAQ - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#My_web ... 3E_in_them
Thank you very much for the swift reply. Unfortunately, neither of the two options shown in the FAQ have worked. The editor used is Seamonkey. I tried replacing the square brackets as suggested but that made no difference. There are no files shown in the internet options/files section of Cumulus.

Any other ideas please?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Your problem is the first of those listed in the FAQ for the problem you are experiencing. SeaMonkey has modified the Cumulus web tags. The solution is as described in the FAQ.

Here is an example from your index.htm page:

<td><#temp>&nbsp;<#tempunit></td>

That should be

<td><#temp>&nbsp;<#tempunit></td>

so that when Cumulus processes your indexT.htm file to produce the index.htm file, it is able to recognise the web tags and replace them with actual data.

i.e. "<" and ">" need changing to "<" and ">" respectively, in your indexT.htm template file.
Steve
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

Thank you for that. I think I see what you mean although I cannot find your exact example. I have to go out now but will start trying to correct this when I get back.

Is there an easier way to shortcut all those changes? Is there an index.htp page I can copy over my copy? What editor would you then suggest for me to change it back to the wording I wish to use, please?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Just use a good text editor like notepad++ and you can replace all of the < in one go and all of the > in one go. But if you really want to start again from the original indexT.htm, it should be in a folder called 'originals' in the web folder.
Steve
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

What a wonderful program that notepad++ is. It was so simple. Thank you so much for both the usual excellent help with my problem but also for the pointer to notepad++.

All is now working perfectly. One further little question, please. In my website page for Cumulus, I have a link to "click here" to take people back to my main pages. That "click here" is in brown and not that clear. Is it possible to change it to bright blue so it stands out better?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It's brown because it's a "visited" link, i.e. you have clicked on it. Until it's visited, it's an orange colour. You can change the colour of visited links by changing this item in weatherstyle.css:

a:visited {
text-decoration: none;
color: #CC6600;
}
Steve
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

Well, I found the weatherstyle.css file and changed the colour for a blue but it till shows brown. Perhaps there is a step I have missed. Never mind, it is not the most important thing in the world so I will soldier on with the brown. The main thing is that cumulus is back to working correctly. Thanks, once again.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Your weatherstyle.css file is here - http://www.hneil.plus.com/now/weatherstyle.css - and still has the original code in it.
Steve