Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Enter trace for rainfall

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Red Raspberry
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Enter trace for rainfall

Post by Red Raspberry »

I'm part of the CoCoRHaS rainfall network. When entering my daily report they have a way to enter trace amounts of rain or snow, using T. It would be nice to be able to enter this too in Cumulus .
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Enter trace for rainfall

Post by PaulMy »

I use the "Current" field to get the previous 24 hours snowfall on my Cumulus template page, including 'Trace', and the "Weather Diary" for the snow "Lying, Depth and Falling" - if there is a trace of snow I leave the "Lying" and "Depth" un-ticked, and tick "Falling". However, I don't do anything manual in Cumulus for rain. I do keep a manual log of the CoCoRaHS daily precipitation reported and what the Davis/Cumulus shows.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Enter trace for rainfall

Post by steve »

Cumulus isn't intended for manual observations, it's for reading and displaying data from an automatic weather station. I did add the manual entry of snow as an exception, because at the time I lived somewhere with significant snowfall, and occasionally I allow myself the luxury of adding something to Cumulus which I find useful myself.

As Paul says, there are fields for entering text manually, such as the current conditions field, and the 'diary'.
Steve