Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended - particularly for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Using cumulus webtags to update data on a site based on WL

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

katdoc
Weather Station: Davis vantage Pro2 24h
Operating System: windows 10 business x64

Using cumulus webtags to update data on a site based on WL

Post by katdoc »

Hello

I use VVP to have cumulus for all my activity (my site WU etc) and WL to upload to a specific location.The thing is that i am tired of WL and its various incompatibilities with everything else(VVP with tcp stops working after a while) and i want to ask if there is a way to use cumulus webtags to upload data on the site that i use WL.The file is .htx .Any ideas? Sorry for my ignorance.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Using cumulus webtags to update data on a site based on

Post by steve »

If I understand you correctly, this is just a data file, rather than HTML pages? If so, can you say what the site is, and/or attach a copy of the 'template' file that Weatherlink uses. It should be possible to substitute Cumulus web tags for the WL ones, but it may be that Cumulus doesn't make all of them available.
Steve
katdoc

Post by katdoc »

Hello Steve and thanks for the super fast response

I dont have the exact file(the admin of observatory will send it to me) but i have an example .
zwntana is for cumulus and zwntana1 is for weatherlink

The site i want to update data is this
http://penteli.meteo.gr/stations/asprovalta/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I'm confused now - is that Weatherlink file the one that supplies that web site? It looks like a standard Weatherlink web site? How do the graph images get uploaded? What is the Cumulus file for?
Steve
katdoc

Post by katdoc »

these files are an example to see what are the differences in webtags. The file that is uploaded with weatherlink and i want to figure a way to upload with cumulus is like zwntana1.I dont know exactly how the file is written but the example is for a site that many users upload with cumulus or wl and these are the files that are uploaded in either case.
I just want to update the data.There is no reason to upload the images every time.? Or am i wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I think there are equivalent web tags in Cumulus for almost all of those in that Weatherlink file. Cumulus can only upload to one site itself, so if you already have a Cumulus web site somewhere on a different server, you would have to run a command from Cumulus and use a separate ftp program like WinSCP. It's not difficult to set up.
Steve