Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Windows 10 - Cumulus Crash

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
mma
Weather Station: Aercus WS3083
Operating System: Windows 10

Windows 10 - Cumulus Crash

Post by mma »

Hi there - have just updated to Windows 10 and now the application crashes. Interestingly it is fine on my laptop (not what I connect the weather receiver to). I attach a bug report, any help appreciated. Thanks, Myles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Windows 10 - Cumulus Crash

Post by steve »

It looks like your system date format has changed, so Windows no longer recognises the timestamp in today.ini as a valid. I can't say for certain that's what the problem is, as you're using an out-of-date version of Cumulus, so the line numbers don't tie up with the current code, but that's what it looks like.
Steve
DerekH
Weather Station: Davis VP2

Post by DerekH »

Yes it is because the update to Windows 10 changed your date and time formats - I resolved this on my upgrade here yesterday.
You must get the formats dead right - see attached image

I had to use UK regional settings to get mine sorted. Also needed to go to the Additional Settings box and change the AM / PM designation to a.m. and p.m. (they can be overwritten)

Cheers - Derek
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mma
Weather Station: Aercus WS3083

Post by mma »

Guys - thanks so much. Dead right...the AM/PM to a.m./p.m. was the bit I was missing after seemingly doing the rest. Much appreciated.

M
barclay
Weather Station: WS3083
Operating System: Win10

Post by barclay »

Hi Guys I'm having the same trouble after installing Win10 I have changed the time and date as described also the am pm but still get the same bugreport attached any help greatly appreciated
bugreport.txt
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You are using Cumulus 1.9.2, which is ancient and obsolete, and I'm afraid I can't give any support for that version. You need to make sure that the date and time format you are using now is the same as the one you were using before your Windows upgrade - or at least that it is in a format such that Windows can still recognise the old format as valid. If you would like me to help, you will need to install the latest version of Cumulus - currently 1.9.4 build 1099. If you still have the problem with that version, please zip up the diags folder and attach it, together with your today.ini file and a screen shot of your date and time formats settings from Windows.
Steve
barclay
Weather Station: WS3083

Post by barclay »

Thanks Steve, I'll probably wait a bit, my first station packed up after 2 yrs outside and this one is very close to that time...shame to lose all that data though!! :groan:
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. What is it that you are going to "wait a bit" for? Why will you lose all of your data? Have you made sure your date and time format is now the same as it was before?
Steve
bgo
Weather Station: WMR100

Post by bgo »

Where do I find the settings window in the screenshot?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The quickest way is to type intl.cpl into the search box.
Steve
monksie
Weather Station: Fine Offeset

Post by monksie »

Hi Guys!!

Installed Windows 10, I am getting errors and I have changed time properly (i think) however I am getting error messages like this....

06/08/2015 00:15:27 : Error at line 1 of C:\Cumulus\data\Aug15log.txt : List index out of bounds (1

I can also not view any historical data and Climatological reports...very frustated!

Hope someone can help please :|

Thanks JP
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Please zip up the diags folder and attach it, together with your August log file.
Steve
bgo

Post by bgo »

Thanks.

Tried the changes but it didn't help. I'll try to install the latest stable version tomorrow and see if that helps. Seems like the same problem arose with Weather Display (I use both programs) - I can see that the computer IS receiving data, but Cumulus errors with wrong date format message and Weather Display just doesn't update the data.

I'll tell you how it goes tomorrow.
bgo

Post by bgo »

Ok, I uninstalled the old Cumulus, removed any remaining files and installed the latest stable version. Selected my station (wmr100), and noticed that there was no USB selection option (don't know if that had any effect before but I selected it anyway).

Now nothing at all happens. No error, debug log says nothing. After a while gauges for battery appear with the shine animation on them.
bgo

Post by bgo »

Solved :clap:

I have another PC which had also been upgraded, so I decided to try to installed the software on that one to see if it would work there. Both worked right out of the box :shock:

So I re-connected the station to the first PC and what happens? Both worked there as well :?: How the &%&%#&/¤ was I supposed to now that all I needed was to unplug and then replug the USB :bash:

Well, anyway. For anyone who might run into the same problem, here's a solution to try out ;)

Happy weather data gathering :D