Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Data lost between two data log intervals

krimatic
Weather Station: WS2307
Operating System: Win10 x64

Data lost between two data log intervals

Post by krimatic »

Hello,
I've WS2307 and now is connected to station by wireless connection so data refresh is 128 sec. But today is windy weather so data refresh (according to manual) is 32 sec.
But I'm planning to connect outside sensors to station with cable connection and then refresh will be in 8 sec.

In Cumulus the shortest data log interval is 1 min so I wonder what's happening with data between every log interval. Is that mean that 7 measuring is lost and only one is recorded? Or cumulus calculate some mid-value. I'm specially interested about wind gust measurements.
Can I somehow get all data records from WS?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Data lost between two data log intervals

Post by steve »

It logs the current value at the time the entry was logged. The other values are read and displayed and used for high/low data etc. If you want to permanently record every individual reading, you would have to devise some way of doing it yourself, e.g. using realtime.txt.
Steve
krimatic

Post by krimatic »

steve wrote:It logs the current value at the time the entry was logged. The other values are read and displayed and used for high/low data etc. If you want to permanently record every individual reading, you would have to devise some way of doing it yourself, e.g. using realtime.txt.
Hi Steve, thanks for explanation.
At least I know I'll not lose some extreme values.
krimatic

Post by krimatic »

Is it anyhow possible to get history data inside same realtime.txt file? According to help it isn't :( Some changes of .ini file?

If I select option "FTP rename" I get multiple files but with same values, so I couldn't do anything with in Excel.
From my point of view one additional option missing, "create realtime.txt log"

CulusRealtime and WeatherConsole are nice, but do not provide any historical data
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Is it anyhow possible to get history data inside same realtime.txt file? According to help it isn't :( Some changes of .ini file?
Are you looking for something different than what dayfile.txt provides (contains each day's max, min, etc.)?

Perhaps the realtimelog.txt file in Cumulus Toolbox is what you want (saves realtime.txt data at the interval of your choice).

Or save your data, dayfile.txt and/or monthlog.txt in a MySQL using http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/ImportCumulusFile

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

...or create your own version of realtime.txt using web tags.
Steve
krimatic

Post by krimatic »

PaulMy wrote:
Are you looking for something different than what dayfile.txt provides (contains each day's max, min, etc.)?

Perhaps the realtimelog.txt file in Cumulus Toolbox is what you want (saves realtime.txt data at the interval of your choice).

Paul
What I like is a realtime.txt but not only with current (latest) value than as a log. Same info's which are in realtime.txt, nothing more or less. I need a file like mothlylog.txt, but with shorter interval than a minute
With that log (txt file) and Excel I could easy create very accurate reports for a weather history.
It seems to realtimelog.txt will meet my expectations (according to description)
krimatic

Post by krimatic »

What Paul recommended is what I need. It creates realtime log from realtime file. But one problem, Cumulus toolbox has minimum update frequency in minutes, Cumulus have possibility to make realtime.txt in seconds.
So, file I get is same as monthly.log.

How to get update in seconds (without any additional rules and anything else)?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Cumulus allows you to invoke a command at each realtime update. You could run a 'batch' file to perform the appending of the realtime.txt to a log. I'm pretty sure several people have done this before - a search on the forum and wiki may turn something up.
Steve
krimatic

Post by krimatic »

Unfortunately I don't have any skills in writing batch files :( So I would appreciate any help.

That is something like this?
:start
copy /b realtime.log+realtime.txt realtime.tmp
tail --quiet --lines=1440 realtime.tmp > realtime.log
copy realtime.log Z:\casa\cumulus\realtimelog.txt
choice /C N /T 60 /D N /M "Wait for timeout..."
goto start
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Looking at the post in the forum that you've taken that from, that's what it appears to be intended to do, yes.
Steve
krimatic

Post by krimatic »

OK, thanks for reply, I'll try to do something.
But I still think that is very oddly that Cumulus Toolbox can produce realtimelog.txt in minimum interval of a one minute and Cumulus can produce realtime.txt in a interval in a seconds. I can't really understand why toolbox doesn't follow Cumulus possibilities.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The Toolbox is a third party application which is no longer developed; perhaps it would have been an enhancement at some point, had it continued to be developed.
Steve