Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Help I'm being a numpty!

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

otooleg@aol.com
Weather Station: WH1080 - Professional touch scre
Operating System: Windows 7

Help I'm being a numpty!

Post by otooleg@aol.com »

:bash: Guys I have managed to upload the necessary files to my web host but am having great difficulty getting round how to then utilise the said html pages in my web site?
The problem is simple - my web site is a Wordpress Web site - www,photosbygeorge.co.uk. I cannot get my head round how I insert the pages created by Cumulus?
I have created a page available on the top menu under the Weather or Not Page called Weather Test and have imported the html into the page but I am unsure if this is supposed to be how it works?

In short I need to know how I get the HTML pages visible in my Wordpress site?

Has anyone prepared an idiots guide as to how this is supposed to work?
Any all help and advice appreciated.
George
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Help I'm being a numpty!

Post by steve »

You can't just incorporate a 'processed' Cumulus web page (i.e one with actual datavalues in it) in a page on a web site, Cumulus has no way of updating it. Cumulus has to process the template (a file containing web tags) on your PC and then upload it to the server using ftp. There is more information about this in the wiki.
Steve
MickinMoulden
Weather Station: WS-1081 with rain gauge mod
Operating System: Windows 7 & 1.9.3 b1059

Post by MickinMoulden »

Click Wiki above. Have you read the website setup help?
Michael, Palmerston, NT Australia www.Palmerston-WeatherImageNo image? I'm offline!
ImageImage
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I am not familiar with Wordpress but presumably you can use the automatic upload of the Cumulus standard files to /weather-or-not/ and then have links in your weather tab to /weather-or-not/index.htm /weather-or-not/today.htm /weather-or-not/trends.htm etc.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

otooleg@aol.com

Guys thanks for your help but can I confirm that the files and structure are being updated on the server....the problem is....how do I get the html information into my WordPress page?
George
MickinMoulden

Post by MickinMoulden »

otooleg@aol.com wrote:Guys thanks for your help but can I confirm that the files and structure are being updated on the server....the problem is....how do I get the html information into my WordPress page?
George
I can confirm that they haven't. You need to go into Cumulus and.......have you read the wiki yet?.....go to internet settings and get Cumulus to send whole new pages to your website. Every upload. You have to tell Cumulus where to stick 'em and give Cumulus your website password and stuff. Go to Wiki. Do not pass go.
Michael, Palmerston, NT Australia www.Palmerston-WeatherImageNo image? I'm offline!
ImageImage
otooleg@aol.com

Sorry but the weather test page isn't being updated.....but the files on my server are....
George.
MickinMoulden

Post by MickinMoulden »

otooleg@aol.com wrote:Sorry but the weather test page isn't being updated.....but the files on my server are....
George.
give us a link
ImageImage
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I can't see them at http://www.photosbygeorge.co.uk/weather-or-not/... not realtime.txt or index.htm, etc.

The page needs to be processed by Cumulus and then uploaded like Steve said, either the Cumulus standard template pages or your own with webtags.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

duke

Post by duke »

Also, if you re-enable 'right-click' we will be able to see the source to help in diagnosis.
otooleg@aol.com

I think I need to go back to basics...
MickinMoulden

Post by MickinMoulden »

otooleg@aol.com wrote:I think I need to go back to basics...
Why don't you do a screen shot of your internet settings, "site/options" (like this one) and the "files" tab. Then we can try and work out where you need to upload them.
Another work around is to not get Cumulus to make your own webpages and just get it to upload to Wunderground.com, then you can put a weather sticker on your page instead (see my home page at the top for what one looks like). You will need to sign up to Wunderground (free) to set up an account. Once done, go back into Cumulus on the same pic as shown here (provided), and on the right where it says "Weather Underground"...."Station ID" substitute my station "INTPALME2" with your NEW station ID you signed up for. Then enter your password. Done. Cumulus will now upload your data to Wunderground. Now go to Wunderground and get a "Weather Sticker" (yours and who-ever elses you want in the regions you want to report the weather from), get the CODE (copy and paste) and edit your website page at yourwebsite.uk.co. So it looks a little like this:

Code: Select all

<div id="content">
<!--<h1><#location> weather <#temp><#tempunit></h1>-->

<!--insert PWS sticker-->
<object width="90%" height="130"><param name="movie" value="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=INTPALME2&freq=2.5&units=metric&lang=EN" /><embed src="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=INTPALME2&freq=2.5&units=metric&lang=EN" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="90%" height="130" /></object>
And then you will have YOUR weather updating every (3 seconds if you like, but 1080 weather stations only update every 48 seconds, so you don't have to do RAPID FIRE updates, and instead just every minute/5/10/15). Your website may have limitation to how many uploads you can do (some don't like weather sites because we upload ALL the time). Some don't allow certain files, even simple .txt files. Again, website hosting info is in the WIKI. FYI, Rapid Fire updates ends up being a total of just half a Kb (300 bytes), so will not go over any website hosting (file upload limits).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
otooleg@aol.com

Thank you Michael I will look into this....very helpful.
George
otooleg@aol.com

Managed, with help, to resolve issue. Files were there all the time but in the wrong directory. Now working. Still needs work and I may make further changes. Can the layout template be changed easily? Visible in http://photosbygeorge.co.uk/weather/index.htm Gauges don't work for some reason but it's a start.
Thanks once again for the advice.
George. :clap:
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Gauges and trends are not working which would infer that you have not enabled the Internet upload of standard files in Configuration / Internet, or perhaps you have uploaded the images directory in the webfiles directory.

To alter web pages you must alter the xxxxxxxxT.htm files and then allow Cumulus to process them and upload the new template with the processed tags and the changes to the pages. See the wiki on modifying the standard web site.
David