Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus locks

john_au
Weather Station: Lacross
Operating System: mindows

Cumulus locks

Post by john_au »

Have been having issues with the program locking for a while on our remote station
attached bug report
Regards
John _au
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus locks

Post by steve »

The error in the bugreport.txt is because it can't write to the Cumulus.ini file. While that may be a symptom of whatever problem you're having, it can't be a cause of it locking up, as it results in a crash - unless the crash is what you mean by 'locks'. The most likely cause of Cumulus appearing to lock up with a La Crosse station is that the serial component isn't getting a response from the console - it is difficult to get data from a La Crosse station, often requiring many retries. Are you using a real serial port or a serial/USB adapter? Are you starting Cumulus using the shortcut created by the installer, or by some other method? The error message suggests that it is not being started in the correct folder.

If you zip up the diags folder and attacch it, I'll see if I can see anything.
Steve
john_au
Weather Station: Lacross
Operating System: mindows

Post by john_au »

Thankyou Steve for you quick reply
Locks/crashes no sure of the difference
I have to force it to shut down then restart it
seem to download info from the weather station quick enough
yes I am using a usb to RS232 converter
I though it might have been from tiring to upload to a web page but I disabled that and
it stilled crashed/locked up I have attached files from the diags folder is that what you where after
Regards
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

The logs don't go back far enough now to that error in the bugreport.txt file - but I don't think that is related to the lockups anyway.

Some observations:

It's much easier for me to look at the diags file if you zip the folder into one file as requested.
You have told Cumulus not to use the station's data logger for some reason, so you will get gaps in your data if you stop Cumulus for any length of time.
You are getting huge numbers of bad readings, almost certainly due to using a USB adapter. La Crosse stations do not play nicely with them, and for this reason I don't offer support for Cumulus when used with one with a La Crosse station. It's likely that the apparent lockups are caused by the serial code hanging trying to get data from the station.
Steve