Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Solar

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Solar

Post by water01 »

Is there a way of switching off Solar if you have a station without solar? Had a search around and found some solar settings but not one to switch it off.
David
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Solar

Post by steve »

If you don't have solar sensors, there's nothing to switch off, it can't read any solar data?
Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

OK my stupidity Steve, I meant is there a way to stop Solar appearing in the interface when you don't have any solar inputs, i.e. gauges, graphs, today/yesterday etc.
David
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Part of the reason for having a browser interface is that you can configure it in any way you want (or even write your own interface from scratch). So if for example you wanted to remove the solar panel from the bottom right of the dashboard, you could edit the index.html file in the interface folder. I'm not saying that everyone will be able to do everything straight away, because it will require an understanding of how things like Bootstrap work, but most of it is already configurable.
Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

Aha OK now I feel really stupid!! So if I alter it to stop Solar data showing presumably I shouldn't allow the unzip of future releases to overwrite those interface files?

If you add something to the interface of course that means the edits will have to be redone or will there be a way of doing this without loosing mods as in Cumulus 1.

Just thinking aloud really!!
David
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The 'interface' directory is the web server root. You can do anything you want in there just as you could with a real web server, so one thing you could do is create a subdirectory called 'myinterface' or whatever, and then copy all of the files and directories that are already in 'interface' into your directory, and then start modifying your copy. You could then view your version by browsing to http://<address of cumulus mx>:8998/myinterface
Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

Got it thanks Steve.
David
water01

Post by water01 »

Just wondering as I was playing with the interface to get rid of Solar, does the interface have access to webtags?
David
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Not directly. Well, you could put web tags into the interface html pages and feed them through the web tag processor in the usual way, but that's not very good. Currently the API is limited to the fixed items which the pages currently use. But I do plan to add a call where you supply a list of items (probably web tag names) in JSON format, and you get back the equivalent data.
Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

But I do plan to add a call where you supply a list of items (probably web tag names) in JSON format, and you get back the equivalent data.
That would be great.
David
water01

Post by water01 »

Ok modified the MX interface to remove Solar. Very easy!!
David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I see a whole cottage industry springing up to modify the interface :lol: