Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

LOW BATTERY TRANSMITTER 1?

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: LOW BATTERY TRANSMITTER 1?

Post by steve »

Yes, it takes some time for the console to reset the message, I can't remember when it does it - perhaps at midnight. See the post immediately before yours.
Steve
codeglia1
Weather Station: Vantage VUE #6250
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

Post by codeglia1 »

I have a Vantage VUE 6250/6351 that I bought new and installed in 2011. For 4 years, it worked flawlessly; however, in 2015, it suddenly started displaying the error message, "Low Battery Transmitter 1".

I figured after 4 years, it was time to replace the battery in the outdoor unit with a brand-new one, so I did. However, the error message persists to this day... even though all other functions continue to work flawlessly!

I checked and the Manufacture Code is "F111128B027", and the firmware revision is "2.14".

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I don't have the Vue but there have been many posts about Low Battery messages on the Vue. A search here or Google should get you some past discussion.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

there is a big thread about there on wxforum: http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=6535

might be a supercap, have you tried "another" new battery just in case?

there is also a newer firmware out which might help fix that issue. v3.00

http://www.davisnet.com/resources/weath ... g/#support
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

codeglia1

Post by codeglia1 »

FYI, I've now been working with tech support at Davis, and they've recommended that I try the following:

- Change the station number (both on the console and the ISS) to Station #4... to rule-out that I might be receiving another nearby Davis product user's data. (I did this, and now the error message says, "Low Battery Transmitter 4".....)

- Replaced the CR123 battery that's less than a year old with another new one (which I did, still to no avail)...

- Remove the CR123 battery from the ISS; then remove the ISS unit from it's outdoor location and put it in a dark closet for 24 hours, ostensibly to drain-down the "capacitor" inside... then, after this 24-hour period, put it back outside for 5 minutes, or until it starts transmitting to the console again... then replace the CR123 battery again. The theory behind this is that this process will run it down overnight, and then cause a total "reset", which "should" remove the error message. (I have not tried this suggestion yet, but will do so tonight).

- If this fails to fix the error message, I can send it in to them for a "complete overhaul" of both the ISS and the console, for a $112 fee (including shipping).

I'll keep you all posted, if any progress on this issue is made!
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

codeglia1 wrote:I'll keep you all posted, if any progress on this issue is made!

Please do. it looks like plenty of people have had issues in the past with this. lets hope you get yours fixed soon ;)
Last edited by ConligWX on Tue 11 Oct 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Simon

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

codeglia1

Post by codeglia1 »

On an additional note, I was reading on another thread here regarding battery voltages, as well as Davis's official recommendation to put dielectric gel on the battery and programming contacts.

I checked my old battery (just removed and replaced) and it was at 3.02 volts, whereas my brand-new battery (just installed) was at 3.25 volts, so a low-voltage battery is clearly not the issue. I also added the gel to the battery contacts (which were already still clean), with no change in the issue.

I will bring the ISS down tonight and let it run down in the dark overnight... in the hopes that a full "reset" will finally occur!
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Post by BigOkie »

codeglia1 wrote:On an additional note, I was reading on another thread here regarding battery voltages, as well as Davis's official recommendation to put dielectric gel on the battery and programming contacts.

I checked my old battery (just removed and replaced) and it was at 3.02 volts, whereas my brand-new battery (just installed) was at 3.25 volts, so a low-voltage battery is clearly not the issue. I also added the gel to the battery contacts (which were already still clean), with no change in the issue.

I will bring the ISS down tonight and let it run down in the dark overnight... in the hopes that a full "reset" will finally occur!
Are you waiting until midnight for the reset. I know my brother's had the low battery message (VP2) and changing the battery didn't clear the message until midnight that night. Not saying that will fix it, but make sure you wait it out.
TwoTonTed
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by TwoTonTed »

A new sufferer here :(

Changed the battery, no effect and am now losing data from around 6.00am until after 8.00am when the solar cell wakes up. The ISS Vue is just out of the 1 year warranty. I'll be fuming if it's knackered.
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

TwoTonTed wrote:A new sufferer here :(

Changed the battery, no effect and am now losing data from around 6.00am until after 8.00am when the solar cell wakes up. The ISS Vue is just out of the 1 year warranty. I'll be fuming if it's knackered.
think you'll find both the Vantage Vue and VPro2 come with a 2 year Davis warranty.

contact your reseller to confirm.
Regards Simon

TwoTonTed
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by TwoTonTed »

thanks it was covered by a 2 year warranty! Prodata sent me a complete harness which was easy enough to fit.

Problem solved, happy days!
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

Good news!
Regards Simon

jmds
Weather Station: Vantage pro2 and Vantage VUE
Operating System: Win 7 Ultimate

Post by jmds »

It is definitely a bad capacitor failing on the Vantage VUE or the Vantage pro2.I just replaced the faulty capacitor by soldering two of them in parallel and the LOW BATTERY TRANSMITTER 1 is gone even without the 3 volts battery inserted on the ISS.