Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Notes on VP2 version 3.12 firmware update.

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Touchtone
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus & FARS
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1

Notes on VP2 version 3.12 firmware update.

Post by Touchtone »

I have copied my post from "data input appears to have stopped" as I have noticed a lot of improvements in Cumulus performance since updating to version 3.12 for the 6312 console.
I have 2 6312 consoles in different rooms & one is connected to my computer, so that's the one that got updated of course. My previous post read as follows:
My Davis 6312 console had firmware version 3.0 installed & it is a late version. I was getting the red light on Cumulus then "data input appears to have stopped" when clicking on the red light to show the report.
After reading through all 9 pages of the post "Data input appears to have stopped" & found the Davis website link on page 8 I clicked on that & was taken straight to the download site. I downloaded the version 3.12 update, (you do need to select either wireless or cable version for the download) & then installed it. Installation is quite straight forward, but takes a few minutes. Then it reboots the console & after a couple of minutes all screen info returns, but the wind speed & direction seem to take longer.
One point of note is the console clock lost about 4 minutes, so it would need to be reset before starting Cumulus again.
I did my update with Cumulus turned off. I don't think doing it with Cumulus running would be a good idea as data corruption or loss could occur. I lost no data & all seems to be working well now.
This is the website address needed for the firmware version 3.12 update. Just copy this address to your browser search line.
http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather ... _frmwr.asp
For those that don't know what firmware version you have, just press Done & the + key at the same time & the firmware version will show in the ticker at the bottom of the screen.
My consoles were made 1st one Nov 2012 & 2nd one Jan 2013, so don't think that the later ones will have the 3.12 update as neither of mine did.
Performance improvements noticed in Cumulus.
No more red light flashing or data stopping
Operation seems much smoother & faster & follows the console immediately & more accurately
Sun rise & sunset times were 1 minute out compared to the console, now they both read the same. I am probably being pedantic here.
Hopefully this helps.
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Notes on VP2 version 3.12 firmware update.

Post by BCJKiwi »

Cumulus will reset a Davis console clock when ever Cumulus is restarted.
actioman
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by actioman »

I was looking which version is my VP2, who is a #6312C, and appears: REV. 1.90 ENGLISH. It was bought last February and the console is 02 AUG 2012.
So far everything works well, is it worth upgrading?

One more question, what is the difference between the following numbers?:
Product: #6312C
Model Number: 6162CEU
Kind Regards, Manuel.

duke

Post by duke »

EU = intended for the European market.
actioman

Post by actioman »

duke wrote:EU = intended for the European market.
Yes I know that. But I have it both in my VP2 console, and I do not know is what they are. I have a VP2 #6312C or a VP2 6162CEU?
Kind Regards, Manuel.

prodata
Weather Station: VP2
Operating System: Windows - all flavours

Post by prodata »

actioman wrote:
But I have it both in my VP2 console, and I do not know is what they are. I have a VP2 #6312C or a VP2 6162CEU?
There is no difference for a cabled station. The overall weather station is a cabled VP2 Plus with an EU mains adapter for the console (ie 6162CEU). The console is a cabled console which is universal (ie 6312C). (If you ever needed or ordered a new console, you would need to order 6312CEU simply in order to get an EU mains adapter but that would be the only difference.)
John Dann
Prodata Weather Systems
Littleport, East Cambs, UK
http://www.weatherstations.co.uk
actioman

Post by actioman »

prodata wrote:
actioman wrote:
But I have it both in my VP2 console, and I do not know is what they are. I have a VP2 #6312C or a VP2 6162CEU?
There is no difference for a cabled station. The overall weather station is a cabled VP2 Plus with an EU mains adapter for the console (ie 6162CEU). The console is a cabled console which is universal (ie 6312C). (If you ever needed or ordered a new console, you would need to order 6312CEU simply in order to get an EU mains adapter but that would be the only difference.)

Thank you very much for the clarification! ;)
Kind Regards, Manuel.

Touchtone

Post by Touchtone »

If you purchase the Davis VP2 weather station from an Australian dealer the suffix on the console is AU as in 6312AU which means it has been set up for Australian conditions.
Touchtone

Post by Touchtone »

If you are not having any problems with your current VP2 firmware version it would be unwise to change to the latest version.
I was having problems with firmware version 3 so that was the reason I updated to version 3.12, otherwise I would have left all alone.
actioman

Post by actioman »

Touchtone wrote:If you are not having any problems with your current VP2 firmware version it would be unwise to change to the latest version.
I was having problems with firmware version 3 so that was the reason I updated to version 3.12, otherwise I would have left all alone.
Yes I think that is what I will do, keep the current firmware. Because I do not see major improvements that convinced me to change.
Kind Regards, Manuel.

colinpb
Weather Station: VP2+SHT31+DFars+Solar+AeroCone
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by colinpb »

I updated for one reason only. I've allways thought it looked odd when below freezing with no leading 0; now its no longer - .2 it will read -0.2

Colin