Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Dayfile.txt corrupted after Restore

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
paulsintes
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 10

Dayfile.txt corrupted after Restore

Post by paulsintes »

After a monumental crash on 27 January which necessitated a complete Restore, my Dayfile.txt file has become corrupted. It lists data for January 2013 in four places consecutively. The Cumulus main display also shows an erroneous rainfall total which I can't seem to edit. Op Sys = Win XP SP3 Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Dayfile.txt corrupted after Restore

Post by steve »

Your entries for 1st Jan to 27th were duplicated several times. I've deleted them and attached the corrected file. If the rainfall total you mention is for this year, the corrected dayfile.txt should fix that when you start Cumulus up after replacing the file.

Note that if it's already the 5th Feb there when you see this, you'll have an extra entry in your dayfile.txt for the 4th Feb which isn't in this version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
paulsintes
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 10

Re: Dayfile.txt corrupted after Restore

Post by paulsintes »

Thanks Steve, all sorted. I'm still baffled about how a Restore could have caused this.