Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Number of decimals for pressure

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
mlj1
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1

Number of decimals for pressure

Post by mlj1 »

Hi,

The solution is probably somewhere in this forum but I did not find it.
On Cumulus screen as well as on my website, the atmospheric pressure is formatted with 2 decimals :
ie : 1024,48 hPa

My question is : Is it possible to format it with only one decimal such as : 1024,5 hPa ?
Such a possibility, especially in <#press> AND <#RCpress> webtags would be of interest for me.

Thanks in advance...
Marcel
Marcel Le Jeune F6DOW, Saint-Brevin les Pins, Pays de la Loire, France
Davis VP2+, D-Link wifi IP webcam DCS2130
http://www.meteo-saint-brevin.fr
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Re: Number of decimals for pressure

Post by gemini06720 »

Marcel, how are you producing the web pages, using HTML templates or PHP templates?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Presumably, if you're not using PHP, reformatting could also be done with javascript?

There isn't currently any way to configure the number of decimal places; I've chosen the number used for each station based on its capability. But people do occasionally request to display different numbers of places for whatever reason, and I do hope to offer a complete freedom of choice in a future update.
Steve
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

Last edited by sfws on Mon 03 Aug 2015 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
mlj1

Post by mlj1 »

Thank you for every answer and especially to Steve for thinking to add this function in his "huge todo list" for a future release.

In fact, as told in an another topic, I'm trying to include my station in the StatIc network of Infoclimat in France. At time, they only accept Davis VP2 stations with anemometer at 10 meter high and the ISS between 1,5 and 2 meters in a clean area. That is allready done here. But more complicated for me, they only accept data from Weatherlink or WsWin32 or MeteoHub.

So, I am trying to create a Wheatherlink like file, using Cumulus webtags. I am not too far from the goal, I hope, but just only with the mimimum data requested. The exercice file is here :

http://www.meteo-saint-brevin.fr/statIC.txt

As you can see, all the tags must be in the 123.45 and not 123,45 form. So I use many of the <#RCxxxxxxx> tags available. Another request I was not able to comply with : For each past event, they want the date/time in UTC format. My programming knowledge is far below the requested level to do that. But I don't worry, since they told me they would be able to process my fake weatherlink file.

Of course, it would be easier for me to use Weatherlink, received with my datalogger, to send my data in the requested format. But I do not want to use VirtualVP since I don't want to loose the actual nearly perfect reliability of my Cumulus driven station.

Thanks again,

Marcel
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

Marcel, how good is your knowledge of web page design - have you had any experiences with PHP?

The data template you are trying to produce can easily be created using PHP and the webtags produced by Cumulus, including the replacement of the commas with periods and the conversion of the date to the UTC format...

I might be able to guide you through the development... ;)
mlj1

Post by mlj1 »

Hi Ray,

Of course, I would appreciate your help since my level in programming (php, javascript) is nearly equal to zero. I never wrote a java or a PHP program. Just translated in french a lot of free scripts found on the web, trying to avoid breakink the codes, and just adapted some lines in HTML !

In Cumulus Internet settings / Files, actually I have this, pushed on the web every 5 minutes :
Local Remote Process? Realtime? Ftp?
C:\Cumulus\web\statIC.txt /www/cumulus/statIC.txt yes no yes

A copy of my source file is here, where you will see the webtags I used.
http://www.meteo-saint-brevin.fr/Divers/statIC.txt

So, If you could tell me a better way to proceed, and if possible prepare a couple of required data (ie for example :
px_hpa=<!--hiBarometer--> in 1024.5 format instead of 1024,48
px_heure_utc=<!--hiBarometerTime--> in UTC instead of local time

then I would be very happy and I would proceed all the others couple od required data.
For your information, all my website uses the standard Cumulus generated xxxxxxxx.htm pages.
Thank you very much in advance if you could help me.
Regards,
Marcel
mimo57
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by mimo57 »

Hello,

sorry to raise this subject, but have you solved your problem and been able to write a file for sending data to Infoclimat StatIC?