Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Wunderground Catch Up / Vue / Cumulus

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
gluepack
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Re: Wunderground Catch Up / Vue / Cumulus

Post by gluepack »

It is an oldish thread I know but while searching for how to do this (having lost 8 hours of data at wu due to internet outage), I came across this article that might help others in the future...

http://www.hilltop-cottage.info/blogs/adam/?p=187

The only major problem I found was that it doesn't tell you/help you to adjust your times for each record and, now, having posted all my data 2 hours out, I'm trying to figure out how I correct that.

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
Station type: PCE-FWS 20…Webcam link: View south to edge of Provadisko plateau
yv1hx
Weather Station: No station yet ...
Operating System: Win XP Professional

Post by yv1hx »

gluepack wrote:It is an oldish thread I know but while searching for how to do this (having lost 8 hours of data at wu due to internet outage), I came across this article that might help others in the future...

http://www.hilltop-cottage.info/blogs/adam/?p=187

The only major problem I found was that it doesn't tell you/help you to adjust your times for each record and, now, having posted all my data 2 hours out, I'm trying to figure out how I correct that.
gluepack: As stated here: http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/ ... otocol#URL your times sent to WU must be in UTC, so you might convert every data set to the equivalent UTC date/time before upload it to WU.

When adjusting your times, be aware that at some point you will be effectively sending "tomorrow time/dates".
Marco
gluepack
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Post by gluepack »

Yes, thanks, I realise that, I have seen my data on wunderground.

I guess my point, if I was making one, was that I was using a pretty decent article that explained how to send your data (I never referred to the wunderground required format, why would I?) and even used the example Excel spreadsheet to set up my data (and that worked very well) but the article said nothing about adjusting times.

And, that was a pity because
a) it appears that you can't update existing records (otherwise I would just change the times, resend the data and only worry about deleting two hours worth) and
b) wunderground doesn't cater for mass delete of records (they're thinking about it) so I have to go through eight hours of per minute data and delete each record (480 less the number that were on the 5 minute mark in the last two hours and didn't update) individually and
c) I have to wait for the screen to refresh every time and then scroll down to the Tabular Data, in order to delete the next entry. Tiresome. (oh, actually, if I do Ctrl- to zoom out enough, I don't have to scroll down)

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
Station type: PCE-FWS 20…Webcam link: View south to edge of Provadisko plateau