Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Purchasing soil / temp probe

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Purchasing soil / temp probe

Post by Mapantz »

I'm in the process of purchasing the DAV 6435OV transmitter as I want to start recording three new temperature figures. Grass temp, soil temp at 5 or 10cm, and my Koi pond temp.

I presume I would use these webtags?

<#ExtraTemp1> <#ExtraTemp2> <#ExtraTemp3>

Does anyone else use these extra sensors? Can I get the 24 hour maximum and minimum temps for those, or do I need to do it via a database?

I'm quite excited to measure the soil and grass temps, particularly in the Winter. The Koi pond temp is for my benefit. :)
meteo19
Weather Station: Davis VP2+/DP1500 SmartHub
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Pro

Re: Purchasing soil / temp probe

Post by meteo19 »

Hi Mapantz

I have been using this Davis station for several years mine is the 6345CS-OV with soil moisture temperature probes and foliage humidity. CMX does not have Min and Max tags for these extra sensors.To recover the data I use the HansR program example here:
http://www.meteosegur.fr/Base-segur/pws ... ompare.php
You can also with an example database here:
http://www.meteosegur.fr/Base-segur/wxsoil.php
It is a very good resort.

Regards,
Patrick
cliftonweather
Weather Station: Vantage pro+
Operating System: RPi3 Model 3 running Buster

Post by cliftonweather »

I created a new table in my database called RealtimeExtras and use the 'Custom upload - minutes interval' to insert the data from here you can extract the highs lows & averages and also graph it like here http://www.cliftonweather.co.uk/mx/graphGrassTemp.php
All my extra sensor's go in here including my Ecowitt ones, this is the SQL I use:-

INSERT IGNORE INTO RealtimeExtras (LogDateTime,GrassTemp,LeafTemp,SoilTemp,SoilMoisture,LeafWetness,Wetbulb,Temp,Dewpoint,AvgTemp,Reception,LightningDistance,LightningTime,LightningStrikes,GreenhouseTemp,GreenhouseHum,GreenhouseDew,Temp2,Hum2,Dew2) Values('<#time format="yy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss">',<#SoilTemp1>,<#SoilTemp2>,<#SoilTemp3>,<#SoilMoisture3>,<#LeafWetness2>,<#wetbulb>,<#temp>,<#dew>,<#avgtemp>,round(<#DavisTotalPacketsReceived>/(<#DavisTotalPacketsReceived>+<#DavisTotalPacketsMissed>)*100,1),'<#LightningDistance>','<#LightningTime format="dd/MM/yy HH:mm:ss">',<#LightningStrikesToday>,<#ExtraTemp2>,<#ExtraHum2>,<#ExtraDP2>,<#ExtraTemp3>,<#ExtraHum3>,<#ExtraDP3>); CALL mainCall();
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

Thanks for the replies!

Transmitter and probes will be here tomorrow.

I've already added ExtraTemp1 and ExtraTemp2 to my realtimegauges.txt, and added the code to the gauges.js file, so that I can show the values live on my home page. I thought I'd get that done now, so that I only need to enable it once I have the data coming in - saves some time.

I've also added an 'ExtraSensors' table to my database, with the relevant columns, so that's also ready to take the data.

The next objective after the data starts getting logged, is to extrapolate the high and low values for each day. I'll shall be needing help for that :lol:
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

Well, soil probes all installed..
Screenshot 2021-12-18 161333.png
I'll sort the database logging out tomorrow, too tired for any more work. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.