Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Vantage Vue ISS Spares or Repair?

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
malkie
Weather Station: Davis Vision-Vue
Operating System: Raspbian Jessie

Vantage Vue ISS Spares or Repair?

Post by malkie »

I have recently upgraded my Davis Vantage Vue to a VP2 ISS.

The Vantage Vue ISS has repeatedly gone "Off Line" over the past year. At first I believed it to be the infamous SuperCap issue, but I have proved that the SuperCap will keep the station running for over 12 hours without a battery, and fitting a new battery didn't always bring it back to life, though pressing the set-up button would sometimes magically restart the station.

Anyway I have bitten the bullet now and so the old ISS is out of use. It was bought in January 2015 and when it works, it works fine, all the sensors report normally and seemingly accurately.

If you have a use for it or any of the parts let me know, either by personal message here or in a post below. If no-one is interested I will post it on eBay but I would rather let it go to an enthusiast who can make good use of it.

I'm not looking to make any money out of it, just cover the postage.

Malcolm
Malcolm
North Herts, UK
http://elm30net.ddns.net
CumulusMX on Raspberry Pi4 B+ 2GB, running on Raspbian Buster booting from USB SSD
from a Davis Vantage Vue with VP2 ISS.
malkie
Weather Station: Davis Vision-Vue
Operating System: Raspbian Jessie

Re: Vantage Vue ISS Spares or Repair?

Post by malkie »

Just a heads up, I have a couple of interested users already. Once it has gone I will advise here.

It has now been posted.
Malcolm
North Herts, UK
http://elm30net.ddns.net
CumulusMX on Raspberry Pi4 B+ 2GB, running on Raspbian Buster booting from USB SSD
from a Davis Vantage Vue with VP2 ISS.