Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

What won't Data Logger communicate with Cumulus

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

What won't Data Logger communicate with Cumulus

Post by aznetcowboy »

I am running Cumulus 1.9.4 for 8-1/2 years. A couple weeks ago we had a power outage in this part of town that lasted for several hours. When the UPS was going to run out of battery power. I shut down the system.

Upon bring the system back online, I found the I could not communicate with my WeatherlinkIP Data Logger. I spent hours with Davis Instruments Tech Support and we finally got the Data Logger (IP Address 192.168.1.102) to finally show up in the router.

I can ping it and access via a browser, but I cannot get it to communicate with the Cumulus software. The Configuration file shows everything as expected. Except the diagnostic Information shows DNS:1 and Status:0. Tech support says that both should have a value of 0.

Their suggestion at this point in time was to run this past the Cumulus community support and see if anyone has any ideas here.

How can I get my Cumulus 1.9.4 to communicate with the Data Logger so I can get my website back up and running.
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us