Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Weatherlink Live and Reset Start Date

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
stuartc
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue + Weather Link
Operating System: Windows 10

Weatherlink Live and Reset Start Date

Post by stuartc »

Hello,

I have just installed Cumulus MX and it's working well with my two week old VantageVue and WLL. However the start date was 14/05/21.

Rather than download the .csv from Weatherlink can the start date be reset so it does it, or can I uninstall Cumuus MX and re-install with the original start date at WL.com.

I was just trying to save myself some work!

Excellent program.

Many Thanks

Stuart
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Weatherlink Live and Reset Start Date

Post by mcrossley »

If you want to retrieve the data from when installed the WLL, then you will have to start again.

It is slightly risky and you may well generate spurious records, but the gist of it is...

Remove all the files from your data folder except today.ini. (You WILL take a backup of them elsewhere first of course!)

Edit that file, and set all the dates in the [General] section at the top, to be the date/time you want to download data from.

Edit your Cumulus.ini file, and in the [Station] section find the "StartDate=" and set that to the same date.

Start Cumulus, and it should download all your history from weatherlink.com

If it all goes horribly wrong, stop Cumulus, restore all the your files to the data folder, start Cumulus and you should be back where you were.
stuartc
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue + Weather Link
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Weatherlink Live and Reset Start Date

Post by stuartc »

Thank you Mark,

It all went well but then I had a question which was do the 'Recent Charts' only show two days as it went back to the beginning of the 14/5. However I then discovered that the 'NOAA Monthly Report' is only showing 14th to 16th.

Is there another date field I should have changed do you think?

Apart from that all the data, Highs & Lows etc seem perfect

Stuart