Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

data is being sent to services but Cumulus will not display

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
armyslowrdr
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: windows 10

data is being sent to services but Cumulus will not display

Post by armyslowrdr »

Recently I built a new windows 10 based machine after my 6 year old one died.

I followed instructions to move cumulus from old location to new.

When executing cumulus.exe the windows panel showed the green bar for downloading data. However the green bar would get all the way to the right but never finish.

I decided to go to the old weatherlink's location and run it. Com serial 3 9200 rate etc and it pulls data and works fine (after I closed Cumulus because it gave the port in use by another program dialog with Cumulus open).

So back to Cumulus after shutting down weatherlink. Same thing as last night, never gets past the downloading data, please wait dialog. We are talking I left it overnight. And there were only 12 days maybe of data to download. Yet I checked with mesowest, Weather Underground, and even the Cumulus.htm page of my website and the data is flowing.

I am at a loss as to why the Cumulus panel will not open. Must be something missing or that it didn't like when I moved the data and config folder to the current machine's Cumulus install routine.

I guess it is not harming anything just to leave Cumulus open since it seems to be working (other than opening the panel display and finishing the downloading data routine....).

Ideas?

Thanks.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: data is being sent to services but Cumulus will not display

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
Well I guess the old saying "if it isn't broken, ...".
v1.9.4-b1080 is even older than what is in my archives at b1085 which was Oct 2013.
Maybe an update to current 1.9.2-b1099 with patch 2 to extend the pull down dates past 2020, may take care of it. Or CumulusMX for more enjoyment.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

armyslowrdr

Post by armyslowrdr »

I could try that. Already trying my luck. Building a computer and configuring dozens of programs and the 4 monitor display is always a 2 to 3 day chore.

Just is odd weatherlink is ok, and cumulus is in the background, but just wont open up the display. Oh well, I can always just look at the Davis console.

Thanks for the suggestion.
armyslowrdr

FIXED Re: data is being sent to services but Cumulus will not display

Post by armyslowrdr »

Well after days of just putting up with no display on the monitor things are fixed.
If you recall the ONLY problem I had was the station display panel would not open on my monitor. Data flowed to all the services and my weather station website was updating.
Today I decided to install on a completely different drive the latest iteration offered of Cumulus 1. The panel of course came up and I started to configure it...but then decided to copy the .ini folder from other version rather than to have to type everything in again. Needless to say I guess---same thing occurred after finishing copying the .ini file and restarting the executable---data flowing, but no display.

So---I shut down the new install, and went back to my old install executable---and bingo---right away the panel opened.

Have NO CLUE as to why but something was force fixed by trying a new install............
armyslowrdr

Post by armyslowrdr »

Well back to same cr*p. Computer rebooted to do some windows updates, and now Cumulus still works but will not display the panel.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

The only thing I can think of is that your window position is set in cumulus.ini in a position that doesn't exist on your current computer display configuration. Look for the following in your ini file:

Code: Select all

[MainForm]
Left=2170
Top=26
(the Left and Top numbers are likely to be different)

You could try removing this section, and this will likely put your display in a visible place, as Windows will then control placement rather than Cumulus itself. Only do this with Cumulus not running.

Perhaps you have had a multi-screen display in the past that is configured differently to whatever you have now.
Freddie