Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Monthly Records

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Nottub
Weather Station: Davis VP2 (Cabled)
Operating System: RPi 4 (Buster)

Monthly Records

Post by Nottub »

Finally converted all my .wlk files (back to 2000) and added them into my dayfile.txt. The 'Historic' web page happily shows the full history allowing the user to scroll as they wish. A great feture :D .

Is there a way of auto populating the 'Monthly Records' field, or is it a manual process? I've begun a manual process of adding as many fields as I can (for November at the moment) including the dates and times of the events.

Also do I need to adjust the date of commencement of the station in 'Cumumulus.ini' to take these into account?

https://www.calvertoncam.co.uk/weather/ ... record.htm

Thanks for any advice.

Nottub
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Monthly Records

Post by freddie »

I would adjust the date as it is displayed on your website. With Cumulus switched off of course.

I think the record setting may be possible through the interface editors.
Freddie
Nottub

Post by Nottub »

I would adjust the date as it is displayed on your website. With Cumulus switched off of course.

I think the record setting may be possible through the interface editors.
Thanks Freddie but still no joy I'm afraid.

I've moved the start date of the station back to 1st January 2020 (as a test), added every months data into the dafile.txt, and added the 2020 months log foles into the data folder.

When I go into 'Edit', 'Monthly Records' I select a particular month, lets say October. I scroll to the bottom of the page an select 'Fetch Monthly Log Data' which adds data to the 'Log File' and an appropriate 'Logfile Timestamp'.

It doesn't do anything to the 'Value' and 'Timestamp' column, which may be where the 'Monthly Records' the 'This Year' and 'Record' Values on the web pages originate.

As I did most of this yesterday I was hoping that the 9am change of day would see an update on the website but alas no.

Perhaps it is a manual transfer of data into the 'Value' and 'Timestamp' columns after all. Maybe because the date originates from a Weather Monitor 2?

Kind regards

Nottub
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I'm still not clear on what the issue is. Can you post as screen shot or two of the issue please.
Nottub

Post by Nottub »

Thanks Mark I'll do that later when I get home.

Simplisticly for now, it's trying to have these fields populated on the Web page. Most of December is OK as that's when I got the new VP2.

https://www.calvertoncam.co.uk/weather/ ... record.htm

I'll understand if it can't be done automatically for my old WM2 converted files.

Thank you

Nottub
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

It's not automatic, you have to use the editors and pull the values from both the day file and the monthly logs, then cut and paste the most appropriate values into the record fields. The editor may highlight some issues in the log files that you need to correct - it's an iterative process.
Nottub

Post by Nottub »

It's not automatic, you have to use the editors and pull the values from both the day file and the monthly logs, then cut and paste the most appropriate values into the record fields. The editor may highlight some issues in the log files that you need to correct - it's an iterative process.
Mark, thank you. :D

You have confirmed what I was beginning to suspect. I have no problem with that but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

One other comment, something I have come across relates to the 'Monthly Record Editor' when I manually add the 'High Minimum Temperature', 'Low Maximum Temperature' there is no prompt/ entry for the times of these events. I have added them but they don't seem to save.

However the Website shows times (00:00 for all of these 'manual entries'), new records from the VP2 are all fine.

No criticism you understand, just an observation.

Thanks again for the clarification. Sorry to be a pain but I'm working through the issues as I get more familiar with Cumulus MX. Great work BTW.

Just looking at a Raspberry Pi to move things on to the next level. Got my sons original Pi (2011 model) working headless so I've got that far, but I need something with a little more guts behind it. That's sure to prompt more questions. :!:

Thanks again Mark.

Nottub
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Nottub wrote: Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:20 pm
One other comment, something I have come across relates to the 'Monthly Record Editor' when I manually add the 'High Minimum Temperature', 'Low Maximum Temperature' there is no prompt/ entry for the times of these events. I have added them but they don't seem to save.

However the Website shows times (00:00 for all of these 'manual entries'), new records from the VP2 are all fine.
I'll take a look...

Nottub wrote: Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:20 pm Just looking at a Raspberry Pi to move things on to the next level. Got my sons original Pi (2011 model) working headless so I've got that far, but I need something with a little more guts behind it. That's sure to prompt more questions. :!:
Have you tried the ready made Pi headless image from the download page?
Nottub

Post by Nottub »

Yes I started with that headless image but couldn't work out how to access/ see any folders.

My next step was to try Filezilla.

In the meantime I tried the full version of raspberry o/S with a GUI, and used the Remote Desktop Connection to view the pi, its folders and structure.

Thanks Mark👍
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

mcrossley wrote: Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:26 pm
Nottub wrote: Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:20 pm

I'll take a look...
Look taken, and a fix for High Min Temp and Low Max Temp records editors not displaying and allowing input of the time will be in the next release.

I also found and fixed a problem with the This Month/This Year records editors, they are showing day file records for the whole file rather than the period required.
andersondj
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by andersondj »

I have just completed a similar task of migrating 7 years of WeatherDisplay data to CumulusMX using the following steps:

1. Install a copy of CUMULUS 1 on a Windows PC.
2. Add the migrated monthly log files to the data folder.
3. Click Edit/Dayfile.txt/Create missing - this will create daily records from the monthly log files.
4. Copy the monthlyaltime.ini and alltime ini files from CumulusMX to Cumulus 1.
4. Click Edit/All time records/Fetch log data and Fetch dayfile data
5. For each record event you will be presented with a value and timestamp stamp from both the log and dayfile databases. They should in theory be the same. If the value supercedes the existing value recorded since the start of running CumulusMX you can click on the Copy icon and it will update the alltime.ini file with the new value (No need to manually input as in CumulusMX).
6. Repeat the above step for Edit/Monthly records
7. Copy the 2 ini files back to CumulusMX.

Notes: It is strongly recommended that the above excercise is carried out with CumulusMX stopped.
There is no need to connect and configure the Vantage Pro Console/Logger to Cumulus 1.

Hope the above helps.

David Anderson
Nottub

Post by Nottub »

Thanks David, I've been plodding through my records adding them in MX. For me it's very much a case of 'Fetch Monthly Log Data', and check the 'Logfile Value' against my own records.

Its a manual process to copy and paste in MX however it is helped by my excel spreadsheet which has all my records back to 1999. With the help of a few macros I've created, I can extract any month and display the maximums, minimums, times etc. so easy to do.

I'v only just today routed my new anemometer and rain gauge cables to the VP2. I'm leaving the WM2 running through to the new year measuring the temp/humidity, adding the rainfall and winds back in from the VP station.
Then I'll have 20 years of unbroken data on the WM2.

Thanks for the info though, much appreciated.

Nottub

https://www.calvertoncam.co.uk/weather