Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

AirLink Update

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
archae86
Weather Station: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

How to get there?

Post by archae86 »

Mapantz wrote: Sun 13 Dec 2020 10:05 pmweatherlink.com

Airlink settings, health data:
I can't find my way to that for my AirLink. Is it possible that one needs to have a Pro subscription?

Also, should this information be visible from the Android tablet I initially used to start the thing up weeks ago but don't ever look at?
My cumulus generated weather site is at http://pastoll.info/weather
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Re: AirLink Update

Post by Phil23 »

Looks like mine is updated to Oct 21 Version now.

Only other thing that annoys me a bit is the RSSI sitting at -79 dB; would prefer to see a better connection than that.

I have 6 managed Wireless AP's here, managed by a OC200 Omada Controller, It should be connecting to one of the nearer AP,
Not the 2nd most remote of the AP's.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

Phil23 wrote: Mon 14 Dec 2020 9:03 pm Looks like mine is updated to Oct 21 Version now.

Only other thing that annoys me a bit is the RSSI sitting at -79 dB; would prefer to see a better connection than that.

I have 6 managed Wireless AP's here, managed by a OC200 Omada Controller, It should be connecting to one of the nearer AP,
Not the 2nd most remote of the AP's.
Is there many Wireless signals where you live? maybe try a different channel on the closest AP to the airlink. make sure ALL your APs are not interfering with each others channel frequency.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

mcrossley wrote: Sun 13 Dec 2020 2:26 pm Let me know what you want, I added a new table that MX uploads to once every update interval.
Hi Mark

Thank you!

The 3 particulate matter ones on the historical graphs page, they would be extremely useful!

The ones on your recent graphs.. what values are you using for the PM 2.5 and PM 10?

I'm using the 'current' values but it makes the graphs look bad, especially as I added in the 24 hour average to it.

Could you drop me an email with the files? In your own time of course. :)
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Mapantz wrote: Mon 14 Dec 2020 10:20 pm The ones on your recent graphs.. what values are you using for the PM 2.5 and PM 10?
The one minute averages.
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

ConligWX wrote: Mon 14 Dec 2020 9:13 pm Is there many Wireless signals where you live?
Absolutely swamped with them.....
Compounded even more by people & their cheap Wifi extenders. Site Surveys are eye-rolling.
A scan from one of my ESP8266's out near the AirLink sees 22 AP's.

Hence the 6 AP's & the Omada Controller managing them.

Even though all AP's have the same SSID, their MAC address is different.
It seems like the Wifi Chip Set in some devices tend to home in on a SSID/MAC Address combination more so than just the strongest of signals for a given SSID.

As I originally configured my AirLink in the Front Office, it seems to have preference for either of the two AP's near the front of the house.

Other AP's available include one out the back, about 5m from the AirLink, as well as a 2nd outdoor unit mounted on the shed, about 10m max & in clear sight.

All that aside, once the AirLink is connected, I don't see a simple option to have it Re-Scan the Wifi points & be able to select a MAC with a much stronger signal.

Cheers

Phil.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

can you create a separate Wifi VLAN/SSID for the airlink to use perhaps and have the closest WAP to use this only? just a thought.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

My AirLink locked up again today, and on power cycling had lost its WiFi network configuration. I had to Bluetooth connect and set it up again. Then I noticed the firmware has now reverted to the original 2020-09-04 version! :o Let's see if it goes through the same update cycle again...
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Aha ... It has a M$ W10 update system, It will never catch on,.
Will it ...... ?
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
Mapantz
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

Davis released an update to the Android app today. They've added more graphs and stuff to the existing graphs. They've also added in more detail for the air quality as well as an option switch to adjust for wood smoke. They've also fixed the bugs that I reported ages ago. There is a god after all?!
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Thanks, and looks good.
My Samsung Galaxy Tab E updated quickly to v2.1.100 (440), however my Samsung Galaxy S7 is having difficulty...

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
pocasicisarov
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by pocasicisarov »

mcrossley wrote: Sat 12 Dec 2020 3:26 pm I thought I'd jot down some of the experience so far with the AirLink device I so kindly received as a donation.

Firstly firmware. My device came with firmware version 2020-09-04. Yesterday the firmware was updated, which required two reboots, interestingly the device did not lose any data during the process, well only the interval during which the update occurred, the stats percentages still showed 99 or 98% complete.

The update process first reverted the firmware to version 2020-08-28, then did another update to 2020-10-21, which makes me wonder if there is an issue with 2020-09-04 version?

Question: Does anyone know if using the reset button loses the stats memory? Power cycling it certainly does.

Then what to do with the data?

First I added it to my Homepage as a "live" 1 hour average PM 2.5 µm value along with a rolling 24 hour AQI value (UK COMEAP).

Next I added it to my Recent Graphs, this shows the 1 minute average values for PM 2.5 and PM 10, along with an "indicative" 1 3 hour rolling AQI value (hidden by default).

Then came the Historic Graphs. These show...
1. A daily average PM 2.5 and PM 10 values
2. The average maximum and minimum PM 2.5 values, along with a monthly average
3. The average PM 2.5 value by hour of the day.

Finally I have added the daily AQI value to the Data Summary page.

How much use these will be and what else I add will be a time thing I think, in order to accumulate more data to make representations meaningful. (I'm thinking of maybe something like the hour of day by month of the year that temperature uses)

Thoughts, and what is everybody else doing with the data?

1 The UK AQI actually has no meaning for periods of less than 24 hours - Davis take note!

Hello,
it would be possible to ask you to provide information on how to set the AQI in the datasummary and add it to the charts, including historical?

Thank you.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

I generate much of my web site from a MySQL database. So I have added a table for my 5 min interval AQ , and extended my realtime table with AQ columns. The data for the graphs is extracted from those tables. The data is inserted into the tables using the Custom MySQL commands in MX.
pocasicisarov
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by pocasicisarov »

mcrossley wrote: Wed 29 Dec 2021 7:46 pm I generate much of my web site from a MySQL database. So I have added a table for my 5 min interval AQ , and extended my realtime table with AQ columns. The data for the graphs is extracted from those tables. The data is inserted into the tables using the Custom MySQL commands in MX.
Thank you Mark!