Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Pro Vue Gain

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Altocumulus
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 with Solar
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Pro Vue Gain

Post by Altocumulus »

Hi all,

The small manual suggests changing the GAIN setting if the reception is poor. It writes to enter the Diagnostics and alter the GAIN setting using HILOW - except if I hit this, I get nothing to suggest the GAIN is altered. I do get Battery 10 in the ticker tape area.

I had a 6 hour drop in data last night, plus a re-occurrence of the -67.8C temperature error.

I'll replace the battery, the one in has seen 6 weeks - but you never know. If that doesn't work, the manual suggests checking the supercap....

My GAIN is currently 54%.

Geoff
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Pro Vue Gain

Post by mcrossley »

I can't help, maybe John Dann will chip in?
prodata
Weather Station: VP2
Operating System: Windows - all flavours

Post by prodata »

AFAIK Gain has long since been disabled (because it can't really improve signal/noise). It's a hangover from the old VP1/VP2 days when there was a question over whether it might possibly be useful.

Is this a Vue or a VP2? The subject line is confusing! How old? TBH it sounds like a relatively elderly VP2 but maybe not? But needs more background for more useful advice, eg the reception % resets at midnight so if you lose reception for some hours overnight then the morning % is bound to be low. You can clear the reception % at any time while in the wireless diagnostic screen and then leave it for eg an hour to see the daytime %. AFAICR this won't necessarily clear the other weather readings, but can't honestly remember offhand.
John Dann
Prodata Weather Systems
Littleport, East Cambs, UK
http://www.weatherstations.co.uk
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The reception stats are also reset every time the console date/time is set. If you have Cumulus setting the time either periodically and/or on startup, then the stats will be reset reach time that occurs as well as at midnight.