Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Twitter problem

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
fastbysuzuki
Weather Station: davis vantage pro 2 cabled
Operating System: windows 10 64bit

Twitter problem

Post by fastbysuzuki »

Hi we are using Cumulus build 1.9.4 (1099) after years of running with no problems suddenly the Twitter feed which usually updated every four hours has become sketchy sometimes once per Dayton, the settings in the internet/ Twitter section appears to be ok. I have blanked out the password and reinstalled same with the username to no avail.
Reading the wiki I read the section regarding changing to a new account or changing the password by deleting
Oauth token=
Oath tokensecret=
In Cumulus.ini twitter section.
My question can I do that and start again ? If so do I delete the whole text in those lines or just the part after the = ?
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Twitter problem

Post by freddie »

Hi, this isn't a Cumulus problem - it is Twitter enforcing a volume limit on the number of tweets Cumulus can make. All tweets are made from Cumulus using the same API key. Twitter enforces a per-API key limit, so basically we are all subject to the limit and it's a bit of a lottery as to whether your tweet gets through. I attempt to tweet hourly, and on a good day a maximum of 5 or 6 tweets actually get published.

The fix is to have per-user API keys, but I'm not sure how that's going to be implemented in practice.
Freddie
marcelolinardi
Weather Station: ws1081
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 3

Re: Twitter problem

Post by marcelolinardi »

hi All,
same issue here .. From MXDiags files I found : "UpdateTwitter: User is over daily status update limit." ... so weird... my station was posting 48 tweets per day.. Now it is only posting one every 3 hours :(

Regards,
-----------
Marcelo Linardi
Buenos Aires - Argentina