Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Losing Connection

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Potterne Weather
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Losing Connection

Post by Potterne Weather »

Hi all

Has or is any one experiencing loss of connectivity with the station, mine has recently just started doing it over the past couple weeks and is getting more frequent.

Any tips, would be appreciated.

best wishes

Paul.
archae86
Weather Station: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

Possibly time setting

Post by archae86 »

In my case, I observed a substantial number of multiple hour dropouts. They tended to start at a consistent time in the middle of the night. I eventually learned that was the time that Cumulus updated the console clock. The VP2 console is something of a one thing at a time beast, and I believe it is normal for there to be a momentary drop in communication with clock updates, but my particular pair of ISS transmitter and console receiver were sometimes quite bad at reestablishing communication, which should ordinarily take only a couple of minutes.

As the drift rate of my console clock was not very bad, I found that I improved my situation by changing the Cumulus setting so that Cumulus would not attempt updates.

But my higher-level problem was that my ISS and my consolel were not a very good match, and eventually I procured a new console and things have been much better.

Your problem may be completely different. I'm just offering one set of observations.
My cumulus generated weather site is at http://pastoll.info/weather
Darknstormy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: Windows 11

Re: Losing Connection

Post by Darknstormy »

My VP2 and windows 10 will disconnect all the time. some times I wake up finding out it has done this about 3 times. I have just disabled sync clock see what happens on my end
ImageImage
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Losing Connection

Post by mcrossley »

Setting the console time seems to be very expensive in terms of console compute resources. Whilst it is doing the time setting processes, it does not seem do anything else including radio reception. This means that the console can get out of sync with the transmissions. I have one console where this sync loss happens, another where it doesn't.