Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Data

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
chrismargab
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro+
Operating System: Seven

Data

Post by chrismargab »

Hello,

I have a VP2 + with datalogger, and I use Cumulus for data transmission to my site.
The datalogger is set with a measuring interval of 1 minute.
When I cut Cumulus, and the restart 20 minutes later, I see the progress bar indicating the recovery of data.
If I go to the Data folder, and open the file for the month (June18log.txt currently), I see the data retrieved from the last 20 minutes.
On the other hand, the tags #RecentOutsideTemp m = 10, #RecentPressure m = 10, etc ..., give me only the data of the last minute, and not those of 10 minutes ago.
How can I retrieve, via the history tags, the data retrieved during the Cumulus break?

Christian.

Bonjour,

Je possède un VP2+ avec datalogger, et j'utilise Cumulus pour la transmission des données vers mon site.
Le datalogger est réglé avec un intervalle de mesures de 1 minute.
Lorsque je coupe Cumulus, et le relance 20 minutes plus tard, je vois bien la barre de progression indiquant la récupération des données.
Si je vais dans le dossier Data, et que j'ouvre le fichier du mois (juin18log.txt actuellement), je vois les données récupérées des 20 dernières minutes.
Par contre, les tags #RecentOutsideTemp m=10, #RecentPressure m=10, etc..., ne me donnent que les données de la dernière minute, et non celles d'il y a 10 minutes.
Comment puis je faire pour récupérer, via les tags d'historique, les données récupérées pendant la coupure de Cumulus ?

Christian.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Data

Post by steve »

It’s possible there’s a problem with your June data log file. Normally Cumulus would flash the error light, and clicking on that would show you the problem. There would also be an error message in the latest diags file.
Steve
chrismargab

Post by chrismargab »

Thanks Steeve.
I have no error on Cumulus, and I gave the example on the month of June, but it's been several months that it lasts.
Christian
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Zip up the diags folder and attach it to a reply, together with your June log file.

I assume that after Cumulus has been running for a while, the web tags start working correctly, as far back as the restart?
Steve
chrismargab

Post by chrismargab »

I transmit the requested files.
Sometimes, the tags of the history are right soon after, sometimes not.
Today, I made a Cumulus break test at 11:12 and restart at 11:18.
When I call the history, I do not have a line for 11:18 but I have 2 at 11:19. It does not matter, but still weird.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I can't see any problems there (other than a frequent ftp error). Are you using the <#RecentTS> tag with the same parameter, to show the timestamp of the data being used? It may be useful to do that, if you aren't already.
Steve
chrismargab

Post by chrismargab »

I do not understand your question.
In fact, I use the #Recent ... tags to create a file containing the last 24 hours (1440 lines) data. This file is transferred to my site, and there, a php script extracts the values to write them in my database.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

See the section in the wiki about the recent data tags. The tag I mentioned shows the timestamp of the data extracted using the same paramer as the data web tags (e.g. using m=10 shows the time of the data that is being extracted for the data tags using m=10).
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Perhaps as a test, you could create a file with the followng tags:

<#RecentTS m=1> <#RecentOutsideTemp m=1>
<#RecentTS m=2> <#RecentOutsideTemp m=2>

and so on, up to m=20, and get Cumulus to process it. Paste the contents here after Cumulus has been running for at least 30 minutes. Then stop Cumulus for 10 minutes, and after it has restarted, paste the contents of the file the first time it is processed.
Steve
chrismargab

Post by chrismargab »

I understood. My file contains 1440 lines, and each line starts with the tag of the timestamp.
Here is my data collection file, as well as the two test files.
We see that the test file 2 is wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Yes, it looks like a bug, it seems not to add the data downloaded from the logger to the list of recent data. However, looking at the code, it definitely does that. But I now see that you are not using the latest version, and if you look at the release announcements, you will see that this bug is mentioned and was fixed in build 1098, four years ago! What a waste of time!
Steve
chrismargab

Post by chrismargab »

I am ashamed !!
Thank you for all the help.